There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

A good company to work for

Current Employee - Area Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Area Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As an Area Manager, I get to interview many candidates and I always tell them the pros and cons of working as a Manager Trainee. Everyone I have ever interviewed was told this: 1. The off-airport market is very resilient to economic cycles as it deals in great part with insurance claims/accidents/repairs. By nature those small Hertz locations are very relationship-based which makes those jobs sheltered from many technological breakthrough aiming at replacing customer service employees by machines 2. Hertz Management is absolutely committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creating the best possible work environment. 3. There are genuinely a lot of opportunities to grow, relocate... Most of my peers and bosses made their way up from an entry level position 5. Training is solid 6. You are not working for a company likely to go out of business soon. It's not "schmuck.com" 7. There are a lot of very friendly people working for this company. As often in the service industry, employees have to deal with challenging customers. It takes a special person to do that, right?

Cons

1. It is a very competitive market with relatively low profit margins 2. There are some good things about working for such a large company but sometimes the slow decision process can be maddening 3. Long hours although always busy and eventful 4. It is not a job for everyone, It is a good fit for energetic and self-motivated individuals because of the multi-tasking and customer dealings involved 5. The entry level hourly rate, in some part of the country, is not always competitive. Now, you can move up rapidly to a position with a much better compensation

Advice to Management

Stay committed to employee development and well being. Happy employees = good customer service.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

UNETHICAL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global organization. Depending on your role, you may have the opportunity to work with global teams.

Cons

ALERT*** Over the past few months, Hertz executives have been dmeanding that managers write positive reviews on GlassDoor to increase their "scores". They also demand that managers "influence" their employees to write positive reviews. As a manager myself, I am extremely uncomfortable following this initiative as I believe it is unethical. I am not comfortable asking my staff to dilute a reputible and resourceful information site. On a weekly basis, I receive emails and sit on calls from upper management stressing the importance of writting positive reviews.

Advice to Management

This practice is extremely unethical and down right sneaky. I know our Executive Leadership team's bonus' are tied to employee survey scores and CEO approval ratings. Instead of altering the responses, I suggest you start to create a honest culture of trust.

Manager....It really is horrible! Dont believe positive reviews!

Former Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you a free car to drive, gosh..... Pay me enough and i will buy my own dem car! Extremely low pay!!! oH i'ts pros....Sorry no pros!

Cons

it's a dem sweatshop, make you wash and clean car is suits! I'm sweaty everyday to the point of having to squeeze my shirt out and all that for $10/hour for a college graduate? Give me a break! I can't believe these a******* and their slave type business model.

Advice to Management

Get real! No normal person that respects himself and his college degree will work for you!