Hertz

www.hertz.com
  www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Good Company....I question senior managements motives

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent pay...good working conditions....great place to make contacts and learn how to network. Good training program

Cons

Senior Management has restructured the company 5 times in the last 7 years all leading to lay offs.

Your star performers are the ones that will lead you to the finish line. Stop laying them off

1668 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Control your Destiny!

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked for this company on the Local Edition side for close to four years, and I can't really complain. You are rewarded for hard work and compensated as such. The business is set up for rapid growth, and if you can contribute positively, you will grow rapidly as well! During my career with the company, I've been able to grow from a trainee position to a management position.

Cons

If you are unwilling to put the work in, you will be sorely disappointed. It really comes down to you!

Upper management has always shown a commitment to progressing the company through technological means and otherwise. Keep up the great work!

UNETHICAL

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Global organization. Depending on your role, you may have the opportunity to work with global teams.

Cons

ALERT*** Over the past few months, Hertz executives have been dmeanding that managers write positive reviews on GlassDoor to increase their "scores". They also demand that managers "influence" their employees to write positive reviews. As a manager myself, I am extremely uncomfortable following this initiative as I believe it is unethical. I am not comfortable asking my staff to dilute a reputible and resourceful information site. On a weekly basis, I receive emails and sit on calls from upper management stressing the importance of writting positive reviews.

This practice is extremely unethical and down right sneaky. I know our Executive Leadership team's bonus' are tied to employee survey scores and CEO approval ratings. Instead of altering the responses, I suggest you start to create a honest culture of trust.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!