Hertz

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Never a dull moment

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Kansas City, KS
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Perks, benefits, flexibility and an ever changing work environment. As much as you think you can plan for the day or even hour ahead, it's always changing with makes time fly. Hertz is not a company for people that need a break from customer contact or cannot quickly adapt to changes. Those that are most successful can handle and thrive in stressful situations. There is a lot of growth opportunity within because of some many moving parts and Hertz is in a stage of growth that quick advancement is never out of the question.

Cons

Staffing. The entire company seems to be notoriously understaffed which makes makes getting things done in a timely manner almost impossible. It can be a lot of hours and the work-life balance is better some weeks than others. I do not recommend the job for those that cannot manage their time (both work and home) effectively.

Company is operated effectively in most situations minus some consistency between different departments in different areas of the country.

1887 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Hertz has been fantastic at providing growth opportunities to further my carrier.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays and 8 sick days.
    Company vehicle and health benefits.
    401K and pension.
    Promotion opportunities.
    Good management

Cons

Loss damage waiver that is difficult to sell and remove from rentals.
    Company might be changing almost too fast. Tough to keep up with operational and procedural changes.

Grow into more markets throughout the county and be more competitive on rental rates. Keep up the transparencies in operations and facility improvements.

Company that gives to employees!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Eureka, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Eureka, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At Hertz my hard work is recognized. The sky is the limit, I know that as long as I work hard I will be able to go where ever I want with this company. With Hertz they value hard work, dedication, and team work. My co workers and I are a strong team that work to profit Hertz and in turn Hertz pays us bonus checks because we profited the company. We receive recognition for accomplishments and feel as a part of the big picture. Hertz is very transparent with the financials to employees which helps us understand how we impact everything. Every person counts.
    After starting Hertz I was finally able to buy my first house. I am grateful to the company. I feel very satisfied with my position, my boss, my co workers, and the atmosphere.

Cons

Lots of hours, but in the end its all how you manage your time. I'm working on my time management skills, because I work 55 hours a week generally. Half the time it's my fault... Hertz even has time management online courses, so I have taken advantage of that too.

Everyone has to do reports, but some reports are unnecessary because the computer already calculates them. Cut some reports and utilize that time for customer service, team building, and sales calls.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz