There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Great Place, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Elmhurst, IL
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This job really is a blessing in disguise. After graduating college with an English degree, I had a hard time finding a job within my major. After months of searching to no results I applied for Hertz. I was hired almost immediately despite having little to no customer service/sales experience. In four months I was promoted to Assistant Manager, and in eight months I was managing my own Branch. After a year and a half I run five locations altogether and feel like I have developed skills that I would not otherwise have had and that I have gained very valuable experience going forward with my career.

Not only do I feel rewarded personally, but I have helped develop many employees along the way that have followed in my footsteps to become Assistant and Branch Managers. Whereas most of my friends have dead end jobs that, while they may make decent money, there is really no mobility. With Hertz I have experienced firsthand what it is like to work for a progressive company that truly does reward hard work. The opportunity is really endless, and you get back what you put in to the job, which I believe is not something a lot of companies can do for you.

On top of all I listed previously, you do get a sense of camaraderie when working here and I have met a lot of great people that have made it fun to go to work. And the bonuses can be a very nice supplement to your salary/hourly wages. Hertz also offers great medical/retirement benefits.

Cons

Working long hours and washing cars with your college degree are common complaints, but honestly, when I started I needed the overtime and it really helped with paying off bills and student loans. Also, I used to be a porter for a car dealership so the car-cleaning aspect was not something that bothered me personally, and sometimes it is a nice reprieve to get out of the office and make the day go by.

More/better fleet at times. A more streamlined, straightforward process for ordering supplies.

1717 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

hertz is a huge corporation, there are going to be positives and negatives to working for any company this size.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

amazing bonuses, interesting people, ability to advance and move around, get to drive all the cool cars, lots to do outside of the office, sales experience, benefits, networking, Hertz is a leader in technology compared to competition,

Cons

customers can be really rude when they dont get what they want, must be extremely detail oriented, high turnover, hours can be early/late/long, dont always have the tools (people, time, cars) nessecary to do something 100% how you would like it to be done, formal training isnt always provided so they expect managers to pass info on to their employees and it does not always happen

Nonstop, high paced sales organization with the opportunity to make great money!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started at Hertz as a Manager Trainee after being unemployed. Since then I've been promoted to a Branch Manager. I've opened a brand new location. Now I'm running the busiest location in the city...and I've bought a house. I'm truly living the dream and Hertz made that reality.

Cons

You have to work hard and be motivated. Don't be satisfied and look for ways to continually improve. There can be long hours, but there's potential for incredible payouts. Hertz is truly a company where your success or failure is in your hands. The tools are given to you. It's up to the employees to deliver positive results. If you are confident, personable, like earning money, and enjoy the opportunity to learn, and grow professionally, and drive some great cars...then Hertz is for you!

Discipline breeds morale