Great Place, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Elmhurst, IL
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job really is a blessing in disguise. After graduating college with an English degree, I had a hard time finding a job within my major. After months of searching to no results I applied for Hertz. I was hired almost immediately despite having little to no customer service/sales experience. In four months I was promoted to Assistant Manager, and in eight months I was managing my own Branch. After a year and a half I run five locations altogether and feel like I have developed skills that I would not otherwise have had and that I have gained very valuable experience going forward with my career.

Not only do I feel rewarded personally, but I have helped develop many employees along the way that have followed in my footsteps to become Assistant and Branch Managers. Whereas most of my friends have dead end jobs that, while they may make decent money, there is really no mobility. With Hertz I have experienced firsthand what it is like to work for a progressive company that truly does reward hard work. The opportunity is really endless, and you get back what you put in to the job, which I believe is not something a lot of companies can do for you.

On top of all I listed previously, you do get a sense of camaraderie when working here and I have met a lot of great people that have made it fun to go to work. And the bonuses can be a very nice supplement to your salary/hourly wages. Hertz also offers great medical/retirement benefits.

Cons

Working long hours and washing cars with your college degree are common complaints, but honestly, when I started I needed the overtime and it really helped with paying off bills and student loans. Also, I used to be a porter for a car dealership so the car-cleaning aspect was not something that bothered me personally, and sometimes it is a nice reprieve to get out of the office and make the day go by.

Advice to Management

More/better fleet at times. A more streamlined, straightforward process for ordering supplies.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Hertz

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mostly new clean cars ready for rent. Good rates on most cars.

Cons

Not having cars for people to rent.

2. Hated my experience

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has perks that are tied to your performance. So, if you are a determined person who can reach for the skies, one who can tell quite a few white lies here and there you will thrive with the company.

Cons

You work harder than your compensation and the management is highly shady with compensation packages. employees constantly have no job security whatsoever.

Advice to Management

It is fair to make sure that your best employees are protected from Managers who are bullies because of self insecurity.