Awesome company!

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No 2 days are the same which is a great sign with any company. Fast paced environment, great team dynamic

Cons

Long hours, some out dated systems

Advice to Management

Billing to insurance companies with 24/7 technology

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Hertz Local Edition - Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hertz has a great corporate structure, if you are willing to put in the work it pays off. There is a lot of room for advancement. I was able to excel through the management training program within 8 months. The team atmosphere makes my job much more enjoyable, and we have a lot of support. Unlike most large companies I feel the upper management really acknowledges our ideas and supports us as much as we need. There is also a good deal of after-hours events for all levels that are pretty fun. Branch Manger salary is on the high end for entry level management. There is also the benefit of a company car and gas. Benefits are excellent. There is also an option for stock and 401K. The vacation package is more than I would have ever expected. We have enough that I can take a few nice trips each year.

Cons

Long hours Starting pay is low, but if you work for monthly bonus' it can make a huge difference

Advice to Management

I appreciate the opportunities we get to provide feedback, especially with skip level meetings. I would just say to keep doing things like this and listening to our ideas.

Great Place, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job really is a blessing in disguise. After graduating college with an English degree, I had a hard time finding a job within my major. After months of searching to no results I applied for Hertz. I was hired almost immediately despite having little to no customer service/sales experience. In four months I was promoted to Assistant Manager, and in eight months I was managing my own Branch. After a year and a half I run five locations altogether and feel like I have developed skills that I would not otherwise have had and that I have gained very valuable experience going forward with my career. Not only do I feel rewarded personally, but I have helped develop many employees along the way that have followed in my footsteps to become Assistant and Branch Managers. Whereas most of my friends have dead end jobs that, while they may make decent money, there is really no mobility. With Hertz I have experienced firsthand what it is like to work for a progressive company that truly does reward hard work. The opportunity is really endless, and you get back what you put in to the job, which I believe is not something a lot of companies can do for you. On top of all I listed previously, you do get a sense of camaraderie when working here and I have met a lot of great people that have made it fun to go to work. And the bonuses can be a very nice supplement to your salary/hourly wages. Hertz also offers great medical/retirement benefits.

Cons

Working long hours and washing cars with your college degree are common complaints, but honestly, when I started I needed the overtime and it really helped with paying off bills and student loans. Also, I used to be a porter for a car dealership so the car-cleaning aspect was not something that bothered me personally, and sometimes it is a nice reprieve to get out of the office and make the day go by.

Advice to Management

More/better fleet at times. A more streamlined, straightforward process for ordering supplies.