There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Good place to start a career.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of advancement potential. Mostly light, and fun atmosphere. Good opportunity to learn how to run and grow a business. Get the chance to drive all sorts of vehicles. Good benefits.

Cons

Long hours, cleaning cars in dress clothes, pressure for sales. Not enough focus on training the MT's in the back office side.

Advice to Management

Nix the suit and tie dress code for management and trainees if cleaning cars remains a part of their job. Invest more time and energy into training MT's on the revenue management aspects as well as the sales components of the job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Hertz Equipment Rental has clear career path and always afforded me the opportunity, tools and training to succeed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started a family right around the time I hired on with Hertz Equipment Rental. As my responsibilities have grown at home I have been able to take advantage of career opportunities at work and Hertz Equipment Rental compensated me for my efforts. I have recommended friends and even family members to work for this place. Hertz Equipment Rental is more than just a job, it is a place where you can have a career and take ownership of your operations and daily activities no matter where you are on the food chain. The benefits are great and Hertz Equipment Rental even offers a Pension Plan in addition to 401(K) opportunities.

Cons

As with many large companies Hertz Equipment Rental is not immune to external conditions and the size of the business can be affected by factors such as the economy or Mother Nature.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the business and hire talented people to increase our bench support for advancement opportunities.

2. High Stress, Low Pay

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-drive alot of cars -learn how to run a business -great way to develop management and time skills -great face to face interaction

Cons

-short staffed/ high turnover -low company morale -no appreciation for employees

Advice to Management

Actually care for your employees. It goes a long way. For the time I have been here, the co workers and people I have come in contact with are great. The culture is whats wrong. employees are seen as a number not as an asset.