There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Job Hunters Beware.... Keep Looking

Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee
Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a job but not a good one. Initially, it sounded really great but reality was not as it was portrayed. There was high turnover so that should have been my first clue and the fact they are always hiring.

Cons

Lots of hours, low pay, zero appreciation and it is tough to look at yourself in the mirror. I personally saw customers overcharged who came back to get it straight and they fought for months trying to get their money back. I knew they were right but the company didn't care and many I am sure never got their money back. I was uncomfortable with this as I felt bad for the customers as times are tough right now in this economy. They also could care less about your health or family/ work life balance. Management is often not available and slacks off letting the other workers do everything. If you have questions you are on your own and the Area Manager is even worse.

Stop writing fabricated reviews. I was encouraged to write a false review prior to them knowing I was leaving this company. It is a lie and you know it. Treat your employees well and you won't have to trump up fake reviews to make yourself look good. Unbelievable!

1716 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Hertz or is it Hurts you to work there?!

Current Employee - Manager Assistant in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Manager Assistant in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

they are always hiring people very high turn over rate been here a year seen more people leave within the first week than I can count.

Cons

Long hours
    low pay
    always under staff
    upper management only cares about sales numbers not helping staff the stores or helping you move up in the company

stay away from this company

Endless Opportunity and Rewarding Hard Work.

Current Employee - Location Manager I in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Location Manager I in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hertz has been a great company to begin my career with. Over the past 2.8 years I have learned a great deal about all aspects of business. With the assistance of my managers I have been able to develop many skills, from customer service to process improvement, just to name two. The great thing about getting into a company like Hertz is the endless opportunity for advancement. There is no limit to how high one can reach in a comany that rewards hard work, and can truly see talent when they spot it, like Hertz does. The benefits are also endless at Hertz, competitive wages, company vehicle, free gasoline and insurance, as well as 401k and pension plans and tuiton reimbursement. Hertz has been great to me so far in my career and I am definately a satisfied employee.

Cons

The hours can be rough at times, but for the most part I have no complaints.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz