Hertz

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Job Hunters Beware.... Keep Looking

Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee
Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is a job but not a good one. Initially, it sounded really great but reality was not as it was portrayed. There was high turnover so that should have been my first clue and the fact they are always hiring.

Cons

Lots of hours, low pay, zero appreciation and it is tough to look at yourself in the mirror. I personally saw customers overcharged who came back to get it straight and they fought for months trying to get their money back. I knew they were right but the company didn't care and many I am sure never got their money back. I was uncomfortable with this as I felt bad for the customers as times are tough right now in this economy. They also could care less about your health or family/ work life balance. Management is often not available and slacks off letting the other workers do everything. If you have questions you are on your own and the Area Manager is even worse.

Stop writing fabricated reviews. I was encouraged to write a false review prior to them knowing I was leaving this company. It is a lie and you know it. Treat your employees well and you won't have to trump up fake reviews to make yourself look good. Unbelievable!

1883 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Worst Company

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good bonuses, company car, fast promotion if your a good seller.

Cons

Hours, giant disconnect between senior management and operations, work-life balance, unrealistic goals.

Unrealistic Goals, Horrible Management Style

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Driving new cars around has it's perks.

Cons

I've never worked for a company that drives away so many great employees. Upper management has resorted to belittling and degrading their employees in hope that it will scare them into performing better, but it just deteriorates employee morale. All of the goals are unattainable unless you're doing something shady, and therefore encourages sales fraud to avoid having your job threatened on a monthly basis. The stores are understaffed, which leads to bad customer service levels, yet they drill their employees on improving without the necessary tools to do so. Stores that should have five employees have two, and those two employees are physically and mentally exhausted. Anyone who has not quit, wants to, and your fellow employees are thrilled for you when you find another job and "escape." If given the proper tools and motivation, the company could assuredly thrive and hit the goals they present to their investors, but without a huge change in management style, that will never happen.

Results come when your employees are motivated, not terrified of losing their jobs. People strive for great results when they feel like they are valued.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz