Hertz

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Job Hunters Beware.... Keep Looking

Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee
Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a job but not a good one. Initially, it sounded really great but reality was not as it was portrayed. There was high turnover so that should have been my first clue and the fact they are always hiring.

Cons

Lots of hours, low pay, zero appreciation and it is tough to look at yourself in the mirror. I personally saw customers overcharged who came back to get it straight and they fought for months trying to get their money back. I knew they were right but the company didn't care and many I am sure never got their money back. I was uncomfortable with this as I felt bad for the customers as times are tough right now in this economy. They also could care less about your health or family/ work life balance. Management is often not available and slacks off letting the other workers do everything. If you have questions you are on your own and the Area Manager is even worse.

Stop writing fabricated reviews. I was encouraged to write a false review prior to them knowing I was leaving this company. It is a lie and you know it. Treat your employees well and you won't have to trump up fake reviews to make yourself look good. Unbelievable!

1668 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Worst Company

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good bonuses, company car, fast promotion if your a good seller.

Cons

Hours, giant disconnect between senior management and operations, work-life balance, unrealistic goals.

Climbing the Corporate Ladder

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you are looking for experience in climbing the corporate ladder. This Job has provided me with great management experience and was able to show me just how things work in the corporate world. I consistently learn new ways and new processes to better advance my career and knowledge in the way corporations conduct business. There is no limit to what position you can reach. I have been with the company for almost two years and have already been promoted from Manager Trainee to Manager Assistant to Assistant Branch Manager to Branch Manager. I am currently training to become an area manager and hope to accomplish this within the coming year. I am constantly challenged and enjoy finding solutions for many issues. The bonuses are endless and the more work you put in to growing your business you can really see the outcome in your paycheck. The Sky is the Limit with hertz. Mark Fissora LOOK OUT!!!

Cons

You are consistently in a battle for market share with Enterprise. One day you can sign an account, the next day Enterprise is able use their leverage with insurance companies to step in and take it right back from you. It can be very frustrating but a good challenge.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!