Hertz

www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Hertz or is it Hurts you to work there?!

Current Employee - Manager Assistant in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Manager Assistant in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

they are always hiring people very high turn over rate been here a year seen more people leave within the first week than I can count.

Cons

Long hours
low pay
always under staff
upper management only cares about sales numbers not helping staff the stores or helping you move up in the company

stay away from this company

1870 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Great employees but terrible upper management

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Commissioned off your sales. You can control how much you make. Work with good people. Company car, and variety of vehicles available. Good for the experience but that's it.

Cons

Upper management only look at you as a number. When you perform well the major parts of your job, they are still not satisfied and instead of praising you for what you did well, they are constantly beating you down about things that needs to be fixed and I mean constantly. They don't make you feel as if your job is secure. You are told to "figure it out" without the resources being available to you. Staffing levels are terrible, but yet they still expect you to function like you are a fully staffed location. They will stick a location any and every where so when customers complain about issues with the location, you are expected to fix it when you was not the one who placed yourself there in the first place.

Work on keeping the turnover ratio low. Give you employees praise and don't constantly beat them down. Make them feel secure and not always expendable.

Endless Opportunity and Rewarding Hard Work.

Current Employee - Location Manager I in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Location Manager I in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hertz has been a great company to begin my career with. Over the past 2.8 years I have learned a great deal about all aspects of business. With the assistance of my managers I have been able to develop many skills, from customer service to process improvement, just to name two. The great thing about getting into a company like Hertz is the endless opportunity for advancement. There is no limit to how high one can reach in a comany that rewards hard work, and can truly see talent when they spot it, like Hertz does. The benefits are also endless at Hertz, competitive wages, company vehicle, free gasoline and insurance, as well as 401k and pension plans and tuiton reimbursement. Hertz has been great to me so far in my career and I am definately a satisfied employee.

Cons

The hours can be rough at times, but for the most part I have no complaints.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz