Hertz

www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Great opportunities if work hard

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, NC
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great advancement opportunity, great benefits, fairness in upper management and ever changing culture

Cons

Strict sales culture... Sales is super important but need to focus on the employees that bust their backs for customers

Keep up the good work but reduce some of the changes that are always being made!

1867 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Use as last resort...but even then...

Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

getting paid weekly. thats it.

Cons

Where do I begin..
    1. never had any cars.
    2. used a system that didn't make any sense. people could make reservations online when there were absolutely no cars. managers said to "have a yes mentality" when there were no cars.
    3. every problem stemmed from being understaffed (lack of customer service, low sales because you always had to pick up the phone and couldn't focus on the sale, being late to pick up customers, cars not being ready in time because there was no way to clean when you're the only person there.
    4. by yourself a lot since it was understaffed.
    5. they let me make a lot of mistakes and didn't seem to care that much. threw me into the fire and expected me to run the store a few times
    6. managers would take reservations over the phone when we had no cars and 3 people coming in within the next hour.
    7. EVERY business that we worked with (body shops, dealerships) hated us and knew we shouldn't be trusted in terms of having a car and being on time
    8. they use software that is 10 years old and slow
    9. The review below me is obviously the company trying to make up for the bad scores. Trust me, NO ONE thought like this about the company. Plus, not many employees made it past a year.
    10. as soon as you get in, you'll want to get out
    11. all the employees feel the same way so you can all mourn together.

simple.. hire more people and stop mentioning customer service if you can't offer it.

Good Experience, bad long term

Former Employee - Management Trainee
    Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The experience is good for your resume if you're a new graduate; easy work

Cons

pay, hours, not enough staff, have to work weekends, always running around because management doesn't want to spend the money to hire more people, way too much employee turnover because employees are treated like crap and the job itself is terrible, won't get any bonuses that are promised during the interview because their process for evaluating performance is terrible.

increase hourly rate, hire more people

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz