Hertz

Love it...

Current Employee - Senior Team Performance Leader  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Senior Team Performance Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Always changing for the better, able to move around within the company, the company is world wide, leads in technology, has GREAT services, positive atmosphere, high exactions/standards. If you work hard you will be able to move anywhere within the company.

Cons

Salary is not the best for the amount of work you do.
In order to get everything done you will definitely need to put in more than 40 hours.

1668 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

A once-great company that went down the toilet after going public.

Former Employee - IT Department Employee (Various Positions)  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - IT Department Employee (Various Positions) in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent benefits package, 401(k), etc. On-site cafeteria. On-site gym (though it isn't free of cost to employees)

Cons

Unethical, incompetent, borderline-criminal upper management more concerned with padding their own portfolios than managing a company so that it is good for both customers and employees. Once a company goes public, it all becomes about the ROI and everything else becomes secondary and a slave to that concept, even when it drives away their best employees and short-changes customers who have come to expect better from this once-great company.

The IT department is a shadow of it's former self. They are rehiring, however Hertz has built a reputation among the local IT community that it is a good first IT job to gain resume material, it's no longer to be considered for a long-term career.

I don't think much will change until the corrupt and snake-like upper management, namely Mark Frissora, has moved on to destroy his next company.

Use as last resort...but even then...

Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

getting paid weekly. thats it.

Cons

Where do I begin..
    1. never had any cars.
    2. used a system that didn't make any sense. people could make reservations online when there were absolutely no cars. managers said to "have a yes mentality" when there were no cars.
    3. every problem stemmed from being understaffed (lack of customer service, low sales because you always had to pick up the phone and couldn't focus on the sale, being late to pick up customers, cars not being ready in time because there was no way to clean when you're the only person there.
    4. by yourself a lot since it was understaffed.
    5. they let me make a lot of mistakes and didn't seem to care that much. threw me into the fire and expected me to run the store a few times
    6. managers would take reservations over the phone when we had no cars and 3 people coming in within the next hour.
    7. EVERY business that we worked with (body shops, dealerships) hated us and knew we shouldn't be trusted in terms of having a car and being on time
    8. they use software that is 10 years old and slow
    9. The review below me is obviously the company trying to make up for the bad scores. Trust me, NO ONE thought like this about the company. Plus, not many employees made it past a year.
    10. as soon as you get in, you'll want to get out
    11. all the employees feel the same way so you can all mourn together.

simple.. hire more people and stop mentioning customer service if you can't offer it.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!