Hertz

www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Get it together

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and friendly people.

Cons

Each department does not communicate.

Listen to the people that do the job on a daily basis.

1659 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Hertz - All about the money, not about the employees at all.

Former Employee - Location Manager I  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Location Manager I in Denver, CO

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As part of your benefits/salary you get a managers vehicle. You can take anything from an SUV down to a compact. That is a great benefit to have as you save on vehicle expenses.

Cons

Management is 100% horrible. In Denver, upper management would not show there faces if the place was on fire. They show no support to the Location Managers and have no idea what it is to lead a team. Between, Gemba walks, Yellow Belt projects, coaching's and everyday NPS failures, Location Managers work double and lose out on bonuses due to the lack of support. Facing customers daily with complaints is a very hard and emotional drainer. This company tries hard to do it the Toyota way and fails to delivery a friendly and comfortable work enviornment. Poorly operated and sadly, the benefits are terrible. They make it near impossible to reach bonus numbers and the CEO is simply not in touch with it's workforce, the little guy bringing in all the revenue.

Wise up. Your salary is based on what those employees bring in that you look to fire regularly. Your city managers make all the difference and you have no idea what they will do to reach the top. Favoritism runs wild in your offices and you turn a blind eye to the ones busting day in and day out.

Location Manager

Former Employee - Location Manager I  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Location Manager I in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hertz full-time

Pros

Recent graduates can get their foot in the door and gain some management experiance.

Cons

Upper management regularly oversells reservations, will not allow us to be properly staffed, turning a blind eye to fraud and theft, regularly worked a minimum of 12 hours a day, low pay, very low bonuses. I could go on but lets just say they have contempt for the customer and no respect for front line managers or employees.

Get back to customer service, not even caring enough about the customer to hire someone to answer the phones is pretty sad. Treat the employees and L1's well rather than having revolving management who quit out of frustration.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!