Get it together

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and friendly people.

Cons

Each department does not communicate.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that do the job on a daily basis.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

The company is what you make it

Pros

Managers get a car to drive off the lot every day. Possible to make big bonuses. Meet a lot of different people - great networking opportunities. Opportunities are always available

Cons

Things constantly change - how you're paid, having cars available, etc. Upper management preaches doing one thing - without being in the branches and knowing what is going on. Never have enough staff.

Advice to Management

Be more in touch with the business. Checking numbers from your home and calling and harping on branch managers isn't the way to manage.

Underpaid labor

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a nice experience and I learned a lot. I did love this job at once and thought this was what I really wanted.

Cons

After a year of service the company decided to let me go due to "new policy". I was terminated because I did not meet the sales quota every month. Something that I hated! You have to do rentals in two different systems and sale protection in both. Once you have met those minimums you have to keep them for the entire month. I spent a lot of time working for this company. I hated the fact they fired me the way they did. I do thank them because I was trying to leave but at the same time they made it seem it was so hard for them but it wasn't. My manager was person that was worried covering their butt and that's it. They wanted to make sure the store was making their numbers and that was it. My manager was a great person at first until their true colors came out. I thought they were someone that was trying to help me get promoted. Well this wasn't the case at all ! I was trained very well but you can't make a person buy something they can't afford or don't want! Some people just need to get a car and that's it! I was kind to a lot of people and had to handle a lot. I was underpaid person that knew way to much. I could run a branch by myself but because I couldn't make the numbers I had to leave. Also running out of cars was an issue in the past but its "business" that's a lame excuse. If the top customer comes in which is a State Farm customer you are supposed to break your back and make them soooooo happy !