There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Great potential to learn, but not to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good position to learn about sales and management. Flexible hours and great vacation reward.

Cons

Compensations did not match up with the amount of work and stress that you have to go through everyday. Some area managers and general manager do not recognize your hard work.

Go back to school, take a class in business and learn how to treat your employee.

1732 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is very fast pace. You can get promote very fast.

Cons

Alot of pressure from management, constantly have to give customers maybe answer, there is no job security.

Change the culture of the company, its not a sustainable one.

Exciting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Well known, successful company. There seems to be a lot of room to grow and advance, a lot of oppurtunity, challenging and exciting, great benefits.

Cons

The only down side I have notice which is really more of a constructive criticism is that due to the company's size as well as (1) the Dollar Thrifty acquisition; and (2) the move to Florida, there seems to be disorganize or lack of communication in some areas. Some of the procedures currently being utilized seem out dated or ineffective however it is difficult to propose or affect change.

Better training for new hires. It seems like several people have not received enough training about simple functions such as Lotus Notes or Oracle. There is no road map of who to ask or where to go about certain things. For example, many of the people moving to Bonita, did not even receive the e-mail notification. Additionally, many of us were unsure how to even order supplies for our desk (basic items like a stapler) because an e-mail went out about the process several weeks before we arrived and no one told us. When I started, I did not even know what the hours were, whether I was exempt or non exempt, whether or not I had to fill out a time sheet, who to send it to, etc. Now that I have become acclomated, I really enjoy working here and am grateful for the oppurtunity however the first couple weeks I felt very confused and was worried that I might seem stupid for asking these basic questions.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz