Hertz

www.hertz.com
  www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Hertz is a pretty good company to work for

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

I have been with Hertz for a long time and find they are a good company. We have all seen the hard times the entire country is going through and have to understand that Hertz is no different than any other company when it comes to meeting a bottom line. We all wish none of our fellow workers had to be let go but the way it was done by seniority was really the only way to handle it. I feel as though I have always been treated fairly and that as long as you do your job they give you the respect you deserve. I'm lucky in that my direct manager is a real decent human being and always works with his people to do the right thing.

Cons

I can honestly say I don't have a down side to my working at Hertz. I guess like everyone else I would love to make more money, and hopefully when times get better I will.

Hopefully the managers in other areas are similar to mine here in Oklahoma City. If not they should try to emulate his actions and consider the employees well being along with Hertz as a company. In doing so the workforce will produce better.

1797 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

good experience but leads you nowhere

Former Employee - Associate Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Hertz

Pros

you get plenty of exerience as you work major hrs. typical work week is about 50+ hrs. if you sell worthless insurance you can make alot of commision but that is if you are good.

Cons

working major hours for little pay. you feel like some shmuck w/ a degree doing a simple job. no real work satisfaction as you get no respect. no career path unless you get out of the local branches and work at hq. you will feel guilty selling worthless insurance as 90% of the ppl who buy them rarely use it.

offer more pay to your employees as $10 an hour is nothing espeically in now a days. treat the employees better!

This is not the old Hertz it is the New Hertz

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

Hertz has been through many changes in the past 3 years. Some of the results from these changes are that the company and employees now work together more to ensure success. Management realizes that the success of the company is built on the employee's efforts so they are investing in us to make us more knowledgeable and capable. The management listens to the employees and acts on improvements not only for savings opportunities but also to improve employee moral. Since the new CEO came we now hear directly from him and our Sr. Management on company initiatives, successes, and areas to focus on, that was unheard of in the past. The economy has been a real factor in many of the changes that have been published negatively but many were long over do and needed to be done to better the company and survive. Having worked here many years I've seen a lot of changes, I can truly say that Hertz is headed in the right direction to becoming an employer of choice.

Cons

Because of the right sizing of staff many of the roles and responsibilities don't have backups. Thanks to technology you can work wherever you are at. The down side to this is there isn't a clear division of personal time and work time. This now becomes the responsibility of the employee to learn how to manage their time and balance life. But I think this is something all companies are facing and isn't unique to Hertz.

Look into requiring Office management and Field management spending time once a year or every other year on-site at each other's location to truly understand the challenges each face. This will go far to finding solutions, easier paths and in forging relationships for future needs. Call it "Trading places", where you go and sit with someone you deal with a lot or a process you're involved in. That will go far and truly understanding the internal customer's needs and improving the process.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz