There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Hertz in Oklahoma City

Former Employee - Mid-Level Management in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Mid-Level Management in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Substaintial discounts on Ford vehicles through the A plan since Ford owns most Hertz.

Cons

Management always hassles the hourly employees. They look for reasons to fire people. As a manager I could no longer tolerate working there and treating people in such a manner. Most high-level managers are people who move up through the ranks by whatever means necessary. They discriminate against people for medical, racial and other reasons. Most wasted two years of my life. I was warned by former employees not to accept employment at Hertz, I didn't listen. Funny how you only meet people that have worked there up to three years or more than twenty. Not many in between. Once you turn in you resignation they find a reason to terminate you and not pay you for the two weeks notice.

Try treating your employees like a valuable asset. Hire managers that know how to manage.

reviews filtered by

Corporate Company cares more about their numbers than employee satisfaction

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, 401k (that they match), car/fuel once you become a branch mgr, lots of paid time off (which I think they do b/c they know all their employees will quit without this time off)
    People you work with are generally fun
    I would recommend this job to a friend b/c the benefits are very good, but I would be up front with them about what they are actually getting into and let them make the decision on whether or not it's worth it

Cons

No energy to do very much on your days off because you will be working an average of 55-60 hrs/wk
    Scheduling is a joke and you're almost "on-call" at all times
    Always understaffed
    Customers are frequently upset about the car quality, their wait time in the lobby or the fact that we don't even have a vehicle for them because the lot is empty
    Upper mgmt likes the "that's not an excuse" mentality, when the fact of the matter is when you're the only person in the branch having to clean the cars, answer the phones and deal with 3 people waiting to be helped your customer satisfaction/sales are very low
    You wear many hats at Hertz: rent, clean, sell, daily paperwork, several logs that are to be done daily, picking up/dropping off customers, shuttling vehicles, etc (the list goes on, and again, being understaffed def makes this hard to keep up with)

Work in a branch for one week. Promote people based on their work ethics and not just because they have good sales numbers (which are probably fraudulant)

Local MGT is Great! Corporate Level MGT is a joke at times.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great team atmosphere. Lots of days off. Can move up quick.

Cons

The corporate people find ways to take money away from employees. Is going to end up hurting this company soon. Takes forever to get things done. Base salary stinks. They give you bonuses and then you are set up for a good bonus then they decide to change the bonus structure to make sure they don't pay you.

Corporate level mgt pay the people who make you the money more. Stick with bonus structure. Find better ways to save money. They ways you are going about it right now stink and are not effective nor efficient.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz