There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Great Company...bad HR!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Naples, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a laundry list of great things about Hertz, the pay, the people, the work environment and the opportunities. I've never seen a corporate setting so open, laid back and focused on results rather than stale notions. Management is flexible, but holds you accountable to your responsibilities.

Cons

Not many but HR is one! The lack of cohesion in the information you get or total lack of an ability to actually get information is troubling. I've worked for businesses small and large and have never seen such disfunction in an HR department. You call the 800 # and get a different answer everytime. One rep says NO, call back and another says sure! Your "contact" person either doesn't respond or takes forever to do so.

Fix the HR and benefits process! Every new hire should know when they're getting paid, how much, what their benefits are, when they start, etc. It should be laid out and given during the 1st week if not the 1st day. I believe its changing, but 401K should be open as of day 1. It's not a deal breaker, but a major heartburn to waste time chasing answers.

1680 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Overall, it was terrible

I worked at Hertz

Pros

Good entry level job but don't stay long

Cons

You're based on your numbers. A lot of people cook the books. Don't do it.

Treat the employees better

I wish I had read these reviews before I turned down two other jobs to go to work for Hertz.

Current Employee - Gold Choice
    Current Employee - Gold Choice

I have been working at Hertz full-time

Pros

None that I can speak of. Of course I'm not in upper management where the perks seem to be.

Cons

Long hours if putting it mildly. And don't expect that just because a schedule is posted it that it will be the same the next day. There is NO training for new employees, but expectations are high.
    Put your life on hold if you go to work for hertz.

Do you ever ask yourself why your employees unionized?

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!