Hertz

Great work environment

Current Employee - Sales and Service Associate  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
Current Employee - Sales and Service Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family environment; No one succeeds when you fail, so everyone's goal is to raise each other up. As a counter representative, I've had constant access to not only my branch manager but also the area and general managers.

Tons of mobility; So long as you work hard and do your job, you WILL get promoted within a year. In many cases, people reach branch manager within two and area manager within five. This job is built to move upwards.

Full accountability; This doesn't sound great, but let me put it like this: Your name is on everything you do. Every deal and transaction. No one ever gets to take credit for your hard work. Most of the time, you will find yourself running a branch after a few months, and that isn't a moment of defeat. Instead, it gives you the opportunity to shine.

Cons

Pay; The pay is good, not great. However, there is a fantastic bonus structure that more than makes up for it. This is partially a sales job, and as so the hourly wage is great.

Long hours; A lot of time, you're working open to close, skipping lunches. It can be difficult and draining (Overtime pay is nice, though).

The customers can occasionally be a headache to deal with. There's always someone to rely on when you're over your head, though.

Other Reviews for Hertz

Branch Manager

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

Good Manager Trainee Program an excellent opportunity to develop also a fast-paced environment that will keep you on your toes!

Cons

You will work a lot of hours, but that will give you a great opportunity for recognition and good overtime!

Continue to encourage employees and look for new ideas to help develop them! Also keep prizes and incentives going to increase employee morale.

Hertz Is the Way to Go

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

ability to work in a team environment, great pay and even better benefits, easy to get promoted fast within the company

Cons

No cons that I have encountered

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!