Hertz

www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

NOT WHAT I HAD EXPECTED in a job that was highly reccommended!

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Management Trainee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

commission can be made, it's pretty tough to do and can make you feel down on yourself.

Cons

where to start?!
Little Pay, commissions payouts are tough to meet, work environment can be hostile depending on management style. Require a college degree but doesn't pay at a competitive level. Benefits are horrible.

better pay, better treatment, follow through with contest giveaways and recognize employees more.

1883 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Exhausting and unrewarding.

Former Employee - Vehicle Control Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Vehicle Control Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not sure if they still give raises but when I worked there we were given a small raise every year.

Cons

Lots of changes every week. They expect overtime with no pay and expect you to take classes online with no guarantee of advancement and on your own time. Very structured environment with little interaction between workers.

You should appreciate what your employees give to the organization and recognize what they contribute.

Simply Average

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company car and pay are the best "pros" of this job. You are given goals to met that not only make our branch bonus well but everything you do can help you add more to your bonus. Staff and accounts are friendly and you end up learning a-lot about cars. Management has a great leader vs manager balance.

Cons

Hours and ability make it hard to balance a personal life with the hours of operation. Asked to simply do too much for the given staff and availability of time and resources. Being behind and trying to catch up you recieve little help.

Ask and listen to what the people running your branches would like to change or need help with. All about numbers and making more money no time to care about us in HLE's putting in 50+ hours every week while trying to manage our thirty other tasks with very limited personel. A utiliy makes a dollar less then an ABM, and that extra dollar is not worth the added responsiblity at all. Every single day we must check for new reservations, call pending reservations, do all scheduled rentals, clean cars for said rentals, submt bills and close contract, get vehicles picked up and dropped off for over a min of 6 cities, schedule repairs oil change tires and 30k, balance your fleet and match with the vehicle tracking system, call reservations that we were unable the day prior, call select customer after 24 hours of dropping off a rental to make sure everything is okay. That is just the tip of our normal days expectations.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz