There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Adaptive fast paced career oriented position

Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free gas, free car, free insurance, and learn business skills that will go with you for life.

Cons

Long hours, but get overtime.

Advice to Management

Be more in tune with actual branch operations.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. If you can overcome the obstacles, some good can be extracted from the job...

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Face-to-face customer interaction/negotiation Thinking on your feet to constantly changing demands Learning to manage multiple changing factors to satisfy all parties involved

Cons

Upper management expectations can be unrealistic.. Comp. plan

2. Simply Average

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company car and pay are the best "pros" of this job. You are given goals to met that not only make our branch bonus well but everything you do can help you add more to your bonus. Staff and accounts are friendly and you end up learning a-lot about cars. Management has a great leader vs manager balance.

Cons

Hours and ability make it hard to balance a personal life with the hours of operation. Asked to simply do too much for the given staff and availability of time and resources. Being behind and trying to catch up you recieve little help.

Advice to Management

Ask and listen to what the people running your branches would like to change or need help with. All about numbers and making more money no time to care about us in HLE's putting in 50+ hours every week while trying to manage our thirty other tasks with very limited personel. A utiliy makes a dollar less then an ABM, and that extra dollar is not worth the added responsiblity at all. Every single day we must check for new reservations, call pending reservations, do all scheduled rentals, clean cars for said rentals, submt bills and close contract, get vehicles picked up and dropped off for over a min of 6 cities, schedule repairs oil change tires and 30k, balance your fleet and match with the vehicle tracking system, call reservations that we were unable the day prior, call select customer after 24 hours of dropping off a rental to make sure everything is okay. That is just the tip of our normal days expectations.