Hertz

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worst Place I Have Ever Worked

Former Employee - Location Manager in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Location Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

free gas and car for my role as a Location Manager

Cons

Sr. Management takes no ownership and likes to point fingers
Awful hours (they told me on my interview I would work SOME nights and SOME weekends but that actually meant I worked EVERY night shift which was 4PM-until the last plane landed which could be 4AM and EVERY weekend). They basically lied to my face in the interview. If I wanted a night-manager role, I would have applied for one.
They constantly overbook and then Sr. management gets angry with the location manager on duty when they run out of cars for reservations. They don't care that you have angry customers in front of you at 2AM who had rentals; somehow their inability to properly track how many cars they can rent online is your fault
No solid training-they just throw you in without a life jacket. They certainly don't care about their employees
For the hours I worked, I was never compensated for overtime. Seems like because they let you take home one of their poorly up-kept cars and cover your gas they are entitled to abuse your time there.

Support your staff rather then blaming them for your errors and make some unannounced visits so the management that is there will be caught first hand. The only employees you have that stay longer then a year are ones who are too lazy to look elsewhere.

1803 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

area manager

Current Employee - Area Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Best company EVER !!!
    f you like Change here it is

Cons

none
    this is not a job for the weak at heart

quick if you work hard

Great Company to Grow With

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Vallejo, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Vallejo, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unique Training, Great experience, Upward Movement, Fun Place to Work, Team Building Environment, Support from Higher Managers. Competitive compensation and bonus structure.
    Hertz is a global company that has opportunities everywhere where you choose to take your career is up to you.

Cons

Due to upward movement constantly training and developing the next group, in a way that is not a bad thing just sometimes makes operations a little more difficult in peak times. As with any customer service job you must have a thick skin and a good attitude to succeed in this job.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz