Hertz

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Senior Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good health benefits, Fleet car with gas

Cons

long hours, 12 hrs shift is a norm, micromanagement,

Centralized data system for fleet operations. Computerized modeling system for forecasting. Computerized staffing and payroll system. Consider strategic planing with "what if" analysis.

Hertz Response

Aug 7, 2014Director, Employee Engagement

Thanks for your feedback Manager from Dallas, TX. Innovation is core to our foundation and we are continuosly looking for ways to improve our processes and procedures.

1762 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Unorganized Leadership

I worked at Hertz

Pros

Great deals on car rentals

Cons

Pay and leadership is lacking

No work-life balance

Former Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good health benefits and 401k

Cons

No work-life balance cause you will work 55-60hrs/week, unrealistic sales goals set, bonuses are rarely paid out in a timely manner and when they are it is always less than what they told you it was going to be, the company has "cut expenses" so now certain branches don't even have the means to get oil changes, car washes done, buy basic supplies for the office. Vehicles generally have at least 50k miles on them and are in rough shape, yet when we get a bad review re: the quality of our vehicle we get penalized.
    When you get you become a branch manager you are salaried, which means an actual pay cut b/c you don't get paid OT, but you're still working 60 hrs/wk (which breaks down to ~$11/hr)

Try to actually care about your employees, give them more support, re-think the pay scale (taking a pay cut as you get promoted makes no sense to me), be present, actually come in and run a branch every now and again so you see what your employees deal with on a daily basis

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz