Great Company

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Park Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Park Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working here. I started as a temp and then was later hired to a full time employee. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Enjoy the complex and you meet someone new everyday.

Cons

When I started there was no training and basically had to figure things out myself, which was a waste of time. Need better training for new hires in their field. Also, the company is moving from Park Ridge to Southwest Florida so if you want to move to warmer weather this would be an excellent opportunity to apply for open positions.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. Old manager way better

Current Employee - Managerial in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Managerial in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hertz (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Good pay. Good promotion opportunities. And hertz is just the best anyway

Cons

Rate wise other are always cheaper!

Advice to Management

Old VP was given another job. We all miss him and want him back. He was the best !

2. Not for most, mental toughness is a skill few have

Current Employee - Area Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company will challenge you daily. There are no two days that are the same. Compensation and bonus is there for those who work hard and continuously improve. The culture is very transparent and supportive to a point. Again, this is not a job for someone that wants to collect a check and clock out.

Cons

There are holes is leadership that can make certain areas or stores more difficult to work for than others. The amount of work can vary drastically depending on who your direct supervisor is. The quality of life is only good if you set limitations up front and make use of the company approved vacations within their guidelines. You will have to have thick skin as I have seen grown men cry and women have near breakdowns.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on process improvement. There are many processes that are technologically ancient and require staff to do WAY more work and spend more time on menial tasks instead of selling and marketing.

Hertz Response

Aug 7, 2014 – Director, Employee Engagement

Thank you for your feedback Area Manager from Sacramento, CA. Innovation is core to our foundation and we are constantly looking at ways to improve our processes and practices.