There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Amazing Corporation

Current Employee - CRM Systems Analyst in Bonita Springs, FL
Current Employee - CRM Systems Analyst in Bonita Springs, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I absolutely love everything about working for Hertz! The company offers great benefits to its full time employees and competitive compensation. The employee review process is organized and room for advancement is eminent. Management for my team is outstanding; the team is professional and friendly and dedicated to getting me the resources I need to get the job done right in the most efficient way utilizing all of the necessary technology and tools available in today’s advanced society. I enjoy coming to work every day and am always excited to see what adventure and learning experience will come out of each day. Hertz values their employees and makes great strides in ensuring our happiness, health and success. Now that I am a member of the Hertz family, I simply cannot imagine working anywhere else – I just don’t think anyone can compete.

Cons

The hiring process is long and once hired EVERYTHING has to go through a lengthy approval process which causes delays in productivity during the first month of employment. I suppose this fact is true for most large corporations, however so it cannot really be held against them as an employer.

Keep doing what you are doing! I LOVE it when realatives and friends ask how work is going becasue I get to tell them about how much I enjoy the work I do for Hertz. I could do this type of work anywhere for any company but it is the perk of having a great manager who cares about work-life balance and the success of the individual that sets Hertz above the bar! Thank You!

1716 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Fast paced environment, where you learn something new everyday.

Current Employee - Area Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love knowing that the company is always moving forward. There are so many positions that opportunities are endless. I love controlling my own career. We are always learning new things as we go with the times. My boss has an open door policy he never judges but finds ways to assist me without handing every answer to me. Perks company car with paid fuel

Cons

We are focused on hiring the right people so the hiring process is slow and we are understaffed.

Instead of sending new team members it would be better to have one training class for everyone then send them to their prospective branches.

dim future for off airport operations

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Hertz

Pros

They kicked Frissora to the curb and have realized SOME of the errors of their way.

Cons

With the accounting errors and problems and the fact that the fleet is grossly aged and under maintained, Hertz off airport faces two big problems. 1) mass exodus of talented and previously loyal employees: with Hertz delaying bonuses, working employees to the bone, and constantly expecting them to do more with less for relatively low pay, talented employees will take their skills and work ethic elsewhere. This will hit hardest in rural off airport locations. It will create a domino effect that will leave small branches under or unstaffed. This will effect contracts with insurance replacement accounts, namely their cash cow (which is already costing them substantially.

2) Aging and under maintained fleet: logic says that off airport locations have more insurance replacement customers who just need wheels to get around, that being said, keeping units past 60k miles has proven to be a terrible strategy. Not only does it make retail customers extremely upset, it costs more for general maintenance and they still lose at resale. These expenses will drown OAP locations in op expenses and make it extremely difficult for branches to be profitable.

This adds up to one outcome: to save their golden child (airport locations) they will start cutting OAP locations out like weird Uncle Ralph from the family Christmas party. You will begin to see local editions in rural areas close all together. Some may be converted to DTAG locations.

Unless you're applying for a position at an airport or busy metro location, I wouldn't bother.

Hire fleet managers that can identify trends in consumer preference, resales, discount bulk sales, and mileage incurred at different branches. Unless the person can properly analyze these things they will never get it right.

Hire maintenance managers and branch managers that actually known a thing or two about keeping cars in good running order.

Hire people to maintain regional financial records and unburden your branch managers of this difficult task.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz