Hertz

www.hertz.com
  www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

It was great experience to work at Hertz

Former Employee - IT Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - IT Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly environment with a flexible schedule as long as you do your work.

Cons

I did not receive a lot of training in my area.

1803 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

A company that encourages candor, rewards talent, and offers superb benefits and compensation!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Independent thinking and speaking candidly is encouraged.
    An exceptional level of work-life balance is provided.
    Talent is noticed and rewarded.
    Pension plans are still being offered as well as 401ks, life insurance, and the whole nine yards.
    A company car is offered at management level.
    A global company means being able to take your job with you if you move.

Overall Hertz is an exciting and extremely rewarding career. They offer a multitude of opportunities for growth and development in multiple fields from Human Resources to Internal Audits to Operations Management. They provide all the training you could ask for, and more including Sigma Six certifications; and no two days are ever the same. The management here is always willing to hear concerns, comments, and solutions or simply speak about how work life ties into home life. The opportunities here and the openness of employees at all levels here never cease to amaze me.

Cons

I have heard it been said that this job can be stressful, which is the case with all jobs. I believe and have been able to prove however that with proper time management skills, leadership capabilities, and the ability to delegate (or follow instructions) much of that stress can be avoided.

Keep up the great work; we truly appreciate what you do for us, and the care you show to your work force.

Management Trainee

Former Employee - Management Trainee
    Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The branch environment laid back

Cons

Management Trainee is certainly not what the position entails, it's counter sales to customers renting cars. Salary is variable based on how much add on insurance products you can wrangle into a deal when someone rents a car. If that weren't bad enough, it's even almost impossible to do that because 85-90% of your day can be spend driving cars around. So if there you're never in the office you pretty much can't even attempt to sell insurance products when you're picking up, dropping off, and moving cars from branch to branch. The formula is a set up for failure

Simple - bring the base hourly rate up to something realistic for the 21st century, fully disclose the job duties.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz