Hertz

www.hertz.com
  www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Great opportunities for motivated individuals.

Current Employee - Location Manager II in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Location Manager II in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The ceiling at Hertz is extremely high. Motivated individuals can excel on any career path. Those who are content to perform at status quo likely won't stick around, save those who are nearing pension.

Cons

Before accepting an interview, do yourself a favor and inquire about the Union contract at a particular location (varies). Both salary & hourly employees will be greatly impacted by specific labor contracts.

Don't bend to falling industry standards. Continue to pursue high-revenue customers, push leisure and budget travel to DTAG/FF.

1762 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Great start

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Hertz full-time

Pros

Good coworkers, good work environment, good values and good opportunities.

Cons

Pay could be better for the amount of hours put in.

A company that encourages candor, rewards talent, and offers superb benefits and compensation!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Independent thinking and speaking candidly is encouraged.
    An exceptional level of work-life balance is provided.
    Talent is noticed and rewarded.
    Pension plans are still being offered as well as 401ks, life insurance, and the whole nine yards.
    A company car is offered at management level.
    A global company means being able to take your job with you if you move.

Overall Hertz is an exciting and extremely rewarding career. They offer a multitude of opportunities for growth and development in multiple fields from Human Resources to Internal Audits to Operations Management. They provide all the training you could ask for, and more including Sigma Six certifications; and no two days are ever the same. The management here is always willing to hear concerns, comments, and solutions or simply speak about how work life ties into home life. The opportunities here and the openness of employees at all levels here never cease to amaze me.

Cons

I have heard it been said that this job can be stressful, which is the case with all jobs. I believe and have been able to prove however that with proper time management skills, leadership capabilities, and the ability to delegate (or follow instructions) much of that stress can be avoided.

Keep up the great work; we truly appreciate what you do for us, and the care you show to your work force.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz