There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Hertz is a good place to advance your career

Current Employee - Director in Park Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Director in Park Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

If you work hard and achieve success, you will get noticed and have opportunities to get ahead. The old seniority system based on following rules and orders has finally broken down. Talent and potential matter. The winners will work longer than 8:15 to 4:30, but the long term rewards are there. The company is on the right track. There are opportunities for good lateral and international moves as well.

Cons

Be prepared to be surrounded by some longer term employees who don't like the changes, don't like the higher performance work culture and don't have a strong work ethic. However, there is still decent work/life balance if you recognize that a work week is somewhat longer than 37.5 hours.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in new talent, encourage those who won't change to retire or move on, keep creating challenges to give employees an opportunity to advance rapidly.

reviews filtered by
  1. Hertz as a World Class Company - So Far So Good!

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

- Place where leadership is open to connect with every employee
    - Place where everyone is ready to help one another, voice their opinions; good or bad
    - Place where leadership is working hard to listen closely every employee, customer, and partners
    - Place where everyone is pushed to their limit to be innovative
    - Place where your hard work matters
    - Place where I truly enjoy leadership role and work as solo at the same time

Cons

I like it here! It's been great so far... I am used working for companies where CEOs used to roam around the building taking every chance to connect with employees. I'd like see that happening here more often so we get to chat with our CEO as well. I have nothing to say negative as I feel comfortable and challenged at the same time.

Advice to Management

People make it happen, therefore always to remember to invest in the people who work for you, and I see that Hertz is doing this already. I hope to see more leadership engagement with employees where anyone can freely voice their opinions and make a substantial impact on Hertz’s future.

Antiquated systems

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

Base Compensation is good.
    Location is good.

Cons

Bad work life balance. Lot of face time and need to badge in and out of building
    Very disorganized environment. Methods are antiquated.

Advice to Management

Update systems and hire enough people to do the job. Rely less on outsourcing

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz