There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

How are employees selected for lay off?

Former Employee - Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz

Pros

The people that work there...my peers, my team members, etc. They are real, kind and compasionate people (overall).

Cons

TPL's are forced to coach employees that do not need to be coached. TPL's are held accountable to strict and closely "policed" coaching session frequencies yet I hadn't seen an Action Plan Review for 2 months when I was laid off. Don't get me wrong, my Manager was a great guy who understood when family needed to come first and made every effort to recognize a job well done. He treated me well, however, accountability and tranparency ( I seem to recall these listed in the mission statement as "core values") need to be present at all levels and not just when it is convenient. And why was my list of responsibilties 10 times longer than list of items measured on my PMED? What would happen if all I done is what was listed on my PMED? I think I would have been walked out far sooner than I was. Also, whats with not publishing the criteria for selecting who is to be laid off or what position is eliminated? Does anyone involved in the layoff process have any idea how hard it is to find closure without some sort of feedback? I realize that for the company to remain strong, layoffs are a necessary evil, however, those who are sent packing deserve more than a white envelope with what appears to be only what the law requires inside. They deserve to know why they were selected so maybe they can position themselves differently if faced with the same scenario in the future. I asked specific questions and recieved no answers. I also think that not telling folks more only causes them to fill in the blanks themselves which may not reflect well on Hertz....and what was that core value again...transparency? The glass walls are getting a little "fogged up". I appreciate the opportunity to work for Hertz, as short lived as it was. Last, I think marketing open positions at Hertz as "career opportunities" may be a misleading unless you consider 12 years a career.

Advice to Management

Don't expect more from your employees than you do of yourselves. Stop nearly forcing people to take surveys and then acting on the answers they gave based on what they thought you wanted to hear.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Manager Trainee program

Current Employee - Manager Associate in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Manager Associate in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

Easy to obtain job, as much overtime as you want,

Cons

required overtime, pay is not equivalent for the amount of work you have to do

Advice to Management

no advice because the reasons I am dissatisfied with this job are just the nature of the job

2. Management Trainee at Hertz

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

You get 2 wks vacation for first year and 3 wks vacation on your second year. Plus 5 sick days and 5 personal days.

Cons

The computer system is very old and clumsy. Use multiple systems to do rental/reservations. Training is not the best.

Advice to Management

Need to have training class for the new recruit when they first come on board. Not the self system training that you do while in the branch between rentals, not very productive. Need to have a designated information class to go over benefits information to the new recruit.