There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Interesting is how I would sum up my time here...I ended up getting laid off due to lack of business.

Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Hertz

Pros

As a transporter you get to drive brand new cars around that just came off a truck from the factory. You also get to spend time with your co-workers, and if you like driving this is a fun and easy job to supplement your income.

Cons

As simply a transporter, I had no interest in "moving up in the company", but I could easily tell that while I was there managers were not happy at all. Senior management seems to treat everyone under them (especially transporters) like we were scum of the earth. For example, while on a valid break one day, the regional manager came in the break room and yelled at all the transporters in there demanding to know why they weren't working. They went on a hiring spree, and then had to layoff tons of us a couple years later.

Advice to Management

Treat the worker-bees with the same respect that you would expect. Open the lines of communications and don't be afraid to take suggestions from people in lower positions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Enterprise wannabees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Hertz

Pros

Company Car, gas, insurance as a manager

Cons

Incompetent Upper Management If you get a long with employees they will let you go. They want you to be cordial at best. Bad Uniforms from the 70's Everything depends on the stock price No common sense in Pricing. They charge their gold members $70/car compared to priceline customers $20 for same car. And not much better service for that $50 gap.

Advice to Management

Get a clue

2. Okay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Hertz

Pros

We were paid decently and the work is very easy. Also, we could usually get time off when needed and we had paid holidays (and an additional time and a half if we worked them).

Cons

People were constantly being laid off and replaced, so very few people were there longer than a year. Management was always creating policies and not following through on them.

Advice to Management

When a policy is made, make sure that it is implemented. Hire higher quality applicants rather than hiring and firing all the time.