Hertz

www.hertz.com
  www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Interesting is how I would sum up my time here...I ended up getting laid off due to lack of business.

Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Hertz

Pros

As a transporter you get to drive brand new cars around that just came off a truck from the factory. You also get to spend time with your co-workers, and if you like driving this is a fun and easy job to supplement your income.

Cons

As simply a transporter, I had no interest in "moving up in the company", but I could easily tell that while I was there managers were not happy at all. Senior management seems to treat everyone under them (especially transporters) like we were scum of the earth. For example, while on a valid break one day, the regional manager came in the break room and yelled at all the transporters in there demanding to know why they weren't working. They went on a hiring spree, and then had to layoff tons of us a couple years later.

Treat the worker-bees with the same respect that you would expect. Open the lines of communications and don't be afraid to take suggestions from people in lower positions.

1797 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Okay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Hertz

Pros

We were paid decently and the work is very easy. Also, we could usually get time off when needed and we had paid holidays (and an additional time and a half if we worked them).

Cons

People were constantly being laid off and replaced, so very few people were there longer than a year. Management was always creating policies and not following through on them.

When a policy is made, make sure that it is implemented. Hire higher quality applicants rather than hiring and firing all the time.

Long hours, low pay

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Hertz

Pros

Employees get paid weekly
    Great management experience
    Unique sales experience with both customers renting vehicles and body shops pushing business our way

Cons

low pay for the responsibilities that are given.
    60+ hours per week
    Bonuses are hard to achieve and viewed as unachievable by most employees

The management training program is a well run program but does not properly incentivise its employees to stick with the program and move up within Hertz. Increase the pay and decrease the turnover.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz