Nice place to work.

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Marietta, GA
Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Hertz

Pros

Fun place to work. Always action. Growth opportunities are available.

Cons

Employees need to clean cars.

Advice to Management

Employees should focus on rental and sales. Hertz needs to hire car cleaning people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Interesting is how I would sum up my time here...I ended up getting laid off due to lack of business.

Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Hertz

Pros

As a transporter you get to drive brand new cars around that just came off a truck from the factory. You also get to spend time with your co-workers, and if you like driving this is a fun and easy job to supplement your income.

Cons

As simply a transporter, I had no interest in "moving up in the company", but I could easily tell that while I was there managers were not happy at all. Senior management seems to treat everyone under them (especially transporters) like we were scum of the earth. For example, while on a valid break one day, the regional manager came in the break room and yelled at all the transporters in there demanding to know why they weren't working. They went on a hiring spree, and then had to layoff tons of us a couple years later.

Advice to Management

Treat the worker-bees with the same respect that you would expect. Open the lines of communications and don't be afraid to take suggestions from people in lower positions.

Enterprise wannabees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Hertz

Pros

Company Car, gas, insurance as a manager

Cons

Incompetent Upper Management If you get a long with employees they will let you go. They want you to be cordial at best. Bad Uniforms from the 70's Everything depends on the stock price No common sense in Pricing. They charge their gold members $70/car compared to priceline customers $20 for same car. And not much better service for that $50 gap.

Advice to Management

Get a clue