There are newer employer reviews for Heska

Stay Away, culture has changed.

I have been working at Heska

Pros

Heska has great benefits and good products. They have strong R&D and stand behind their products, that's why I stay.

Cons

Heska keeps letting go of good people. Every year it seems they place blame on good VP's or Senior Managers as to why the company is not growing at the rate they would like. Current Executives walk around like their the only important ones in the company. Internal culture has gone down hill since they let their former VP of HR go a few years back. I used the love this company, now I can't stand going to work. They have some major improvements to make, people keep quitting, and their new senior leaders seem self-absorbed and unappreciative of developing their employees.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, ask for their advice, make employee meetings worth going to.

reviews filtered by

Very Hierarchical

I worked at Heska

Pros

The employees are great. You can bring your pets to work. You work in an industry that makes a difference.

Cons

Management has a master-slave mentality. Executives are very clique-ish. Continue to make the same mistakes over and over. The company doesn't have a lot of there, there any more. Very frustrating place to work.

Advice to Management

Seek the advice of employees in the organization. Bring back the suggestion box. Nurture your strongest employees to ensure they stay.

2. Excellent company to work for the years I can speak of!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I worked at Heska

Pros

Now that I have left the company and search for new employment opportunities, it is clear what amazing benefits were offered to me. The insurance plans were excellent, as well as sick time, vacation time (however not able to rollover, which I think makes sense anyhow). An awesome dog friendly environment (NOT to be taken for granted!)

Cons

An excellent company to work for, one in which you felt like you were valued as a person, until a corporate merger and new President took over two years ago and the bottom dollar seemed to be all that mattered. Sure, the stocks are doing better, but have to question current employee morale. Interesting as I noticed today as I drove by the building the parking lot was not plowed from last nights snow! Let my people walk through the snow! (kidding) I also always felt there were a great deal of double standards provided to upper management and not the same to those who reported to them. Note, most of my years there were spent under the previous President and CEO, Bob Grieve and those were the years that were spent feeling I was of value as an employee and as a person. He cared about his people.

There are newer employer reviews for Heska