Heska
www.heska.com Loveland, CO 150 to 499 Employees

Leadership LESS, RUDE management

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Heska full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI think many people are holding on hoping things will be like they were in 2005; A company committed to employee development, engagement, camaraderie and respect. Products that were diverse, unique and had competitive distinction.

ConsUnfortunately, the leadership team is run by ego-driven, bull headed, back-stabbing, negative, business lacking management. There is no longer a sense of community, departments are divided and senior VP's are rude and ruthless in meetings. This creates an extremely unmotivated culture, where people are led by fear and blame. Products have lost their unique edge becoming "me-to" products. The CEO no longer seems engaged but just frustrated and exhausted. It shows!! And is felt by all, creating even more tension and finger-pointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some business skilled and MBA management talent in Executive leadership. Give top leadership a lesson in co-worker communication. Disallow bullying, yelling and abrupt comments. Stop blaming everyone, drop the massive ego's (especially in R&D), be nicer to your people. Hire a stronger HR team committed to building a culture that includes employee development, capitalizing on people's strengths and intra-department communication. Redo your mission and vision so the path to success is clear and success is attainable. Stop trying to just be like your competitors just to come in last all the time. Set yourself apart again with new innovative ideas. Ask the CEO to either recommit in heart and play full out or leave.

Former lab worker who regrets having worked here

Lab Technician (Former Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I worked at Heska full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The people who work for this company were great and easy to get along with. The benefits were… Cons: First off, I was far under-paid for what I did with this company. I worked there for… Advice to Senior Management: Take time to praise all employees instead of only pointing out… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Floundering Company with declining value

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Loveland, CO

I worked at Heska full-time

Pros: Small company environment Not much else Cons: Mediocre salary at best High turnover Advice to Senior Management: Sell the company to a competitor No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Heska.

Worked for Heska? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Heska reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Heska CEO Robert B. Grieve. All reviews posted anonymously by Heska employees.