Hewitt Associates
www.hewittassociates.com Lincolnshire, IL 5000+ Employees

Not A Good Place to Work

Advanced Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Hewitt Associates

ProsManagement does not attend to the matters of the Support Staff when there is a problem. Just a horrible experience and no respect.

ConsI was brought in and told I would be supporting at the max. 4 Senior Consultants. But I ended up supporting at least 10 -15 consultants in total. Then, there was no formal training on what the processes and procedures were. I was "instructed" by one other administrative assistant, who was not happy with the addition of a new, competent administrative assistant. So therefore, training never happened. I had to "figure how things were done" on my own. Only a few other admins. were willing to assist me when I had questions. The entire experience was not professional at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my situation, it seems that Management did not want to bring any actions against this person, because she had been with the company for years. That is not fair, to a extremely fair and good Support person. Give clear information when hiring and make sure that proper training and ongoing mentoring is available. The ability to have a mentor that will work with you and not against you should be monitored by Senior Management and action taken if necessary. Appropriate action should be taken, even if the adverse person has been with the company for years. Support staff is an important part of a team, and if they are not being treated with respect, it affects everyone.

Spent 10+ years at Hewitt, considered it 2nd home and loved it, but my loyalty is tested now

Benefits Operation Manager (Current Employee)
Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Hewitt Associates

Pros: Great benefits, flexibility, ability to work from home Cons: I saw the company going downhill from the best place to work to the worst place to work. Everybody is so overloaded with work that… Advice to Senior Management: Specialist with long service and devotion to Hewitt should be appreciated and valued accordingly. Management has to do something quickly to save the situation as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Unsatisfying work that does not make you feel successful.

Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee)
Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Hewitt Associates

Pros: You are provided decent compensation and a good benefits package. The… Cons: Long hours without overtime pay, no appreciation shown for overtime… Advice to Senior Management: Create a better work/life balance for the employees. Hire more employees if needed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hewitt Associates.

Worked for Hewitt Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewitt Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hewitt Associates CEO Gregory C. Case. All reviews posted anonymously by Hewitt Associates employees.