Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Great environment to work in, but compensation is not fair

Current Employee - Inside Storage Specialist  in  Conway, AR
Current Employee - Inside Storage Specialist in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

The people and opportunities that come with working for a such prestigious company. Also, the benefits, retirement plans, and stock options are excellent

Cons

The compensation is pretty terrible. There is a chance to his 2.5x accelerators when you hit 100%, but no one ever doesn. Instead of the bell curve for compensation being at 100% it's right around 50%. And, even though they just got away from this a few months ago, if you didn't hit 60%, you had to pay back your commission at the end of the year. Which is just shady for a company making BILLIONS to do.

Treat your employees well, an we will do well. Our moral is down, and people are jumping ship like the titanic is sinking. Plug the whole or get us a life preserver, because we can't sustaing the hit.

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

working ok as a contractor, but never know when going to get cut.(better than working in IT at HP)

Current Employee - Systems Reliability Tester  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Reliability Tester in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexible work hours. And direct management is good. Great work group! Good people in my group!.. and smart.

Cons

As a contractor I am the first to go. The hourly wage as a contractor is much less than an employee and it is now $35 an hour less than what I was getting as a contractor 10 years ago.
    the usual budgetary constraints cut wages for us whenever needed, take days off to meet budget.
    the culture of fear of losing one's job is still there from the Hurd days.

The Board needs to get someone in place that will build HP for the long term instead of getting short term numbers of buying companies and selling off owned assets like the Cupertino site. Whenever I see a company selling off its real estate i view it as a bad sign, it is like a last ditch effort to make money.

A big ship that is hard to turn

Former Employee - Sales  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Name, good benefits, lots of consumer electronics at cheap prices

Cons

to many products, too many people who just do what is required

go back to thinking like a small company where every cusotmer counts

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!