Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Overall a good company to work for but changeable/inflexible policies may prove deleterious to both HP and individuals

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Melbourne (Australia)
Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good culture with opportunity for corp[orate and personal advancement. Competitive salary and benefits. Good working conditions and work-life balance.

Cons

Poor resource allocation and poor inter-team collaboration with consequent conflicts of interest and sub-optimal client engagements. In my instance I received very poor support from my direct linbe manager when a workforce reduction program was implemented globally and I was chosen to be made redundant when there were other reps within his team who were less well performing than I was.

Be aware that your people are your best assett and that performant people need to be supported and maintained.

9460 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

HP is good shelter in the storm

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Hewlett Packard has broad reach. For instance, you can relocate more easily than with most other employers. Also, wide reach into other disciplines are readily available if you care to change lateral professional direction. The choice of benefits are competitive and fair. In addition, unadvertised perks like free volume license key software and deep employee discounts on various hardware is another plus. And as we have recently seen with other large companies, Hewlett Packard had the foresight to do away with a pension program, certain to doom any large corporation with the hope of being viable into the next century

Cons

like any other 800 lb gorilla, it is easy to be anonymous and unrecognized. if you are not a self starter, this company can be challenging.

stop focusing on stock price

Get a grip on staff morale please!

Former Employee - Support Engineer
    Former Employee - Support Engineer

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Team members and colleagues were wonderful and happy. We made the effort to eat together at lunch time and got to network with all the department members. I was a placement student then, but have applied for a permanent position in Ireland. I believe the nature of the people who work there, given the chance will turn the atmosphere around. The philosophy of being happy in your job and doing your best and feeling loyal to the company was a tried and tested formula. Even managers want to be happy, relaxed and secure in their jobs and rewarded appropriately. Given suitable stimulus from the top, the company may turn itself around yet, but it will take a long time I think. I can't believe how quickly things have gone downhill.

Cons

Not working on staff morale.

People are the key! (Or they were in previous days) Too many good folk leaving, or intending to.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard