Great for working parents

Current Employee - Project Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best part of my job is that I can work from home without anyone lifting an eyebrow, as long as I don't have customer meeetings scheduled for that day. Excellent for work-life balance!

Cons

No big opportunities to switch roles if you want a career change - since experience is deeply valued, you are expected to have already done work related to the position you are applying for.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. As you would expect

Former Contractor - Programmer in Or Yehuda (Israel)
    Former Contractor - Programmer in Or Yehuda (Israel)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Just as you would expect an enterprise to be. Which means things usually happen in order, the equipment is good, no timing pressure, unless you screw up etc. It's just your typical software enterprise company. At least the face that I saw. Just to make it clear, I worked in the Israeli office, in Yehud. I've absolutely no idea about other offices.

Cons

Just as you would expect, all the proverbial downsides of a typical software enterprise. Internal rules, which, some times are nothing but historical artifacts, bureaucracy. The horrible bug tracker that you must use (because that is the company's own development), QC, may be somewhat outstanding piece of... software, but other than that, it's all, well, you already know that :)

Advice to Management

Me, advise? Sorry, I'm not a manager, absolutely no idea.

2. Very challenging; I had a chance to work with outstandig people, and as well, contribute do develop my peers.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

HP is a place with meany opportunities to develop ones skills, and progress in the carreer.

Cons

Some times we have not enough time to meet with upper management to classify priorities.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the amount of responsibilities is not compatible with the time requirements to deliver results.