There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

A great company, though struggling a bit with weak economy and competitive situation

Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, broad technology product coverage, broad market coverage, really cares about customers. Great culture with a long tradition of being a good corporate citizen. Lots of technology innovation, as well as strong integration.

Cons

Too much senior leadership change (CEO level as well as SVP/EVP) as well as questionable acquisitions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unorganized, inconsistent, too many unqualified cooks in the kitchen

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looks good on a resume. I have been offered a better job and better pay with another company because of my experience here, so I am thankful for that. I have already put my two weeks notice in.

Cons

At my particular location, the pay is not that great and there is not a lot of opportunity for growth, even though I have been promoted 4 times is 2.5 years. Career path at HP seems to consist of a lot of "lateral moves" where your responsibilities increase ten fold, but your pay does not.

Advice to Management

Communicate a clear vision to your employees and stick to it. Reward people based on performance and not favoritism.

Career free zone

Current Employee - Analyst in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Analyst in Boise, ID

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly liberal time off and sick leave policies.

Cons

Working at HP is crazy. They talk people, but when you get a promotion, they don't give you the pay raise. There are no raises to speak of and the benefits really aren't that great. This makes it impossible to build a career at HP, because moving up does your family NO GOOD. The work is tedious, the internal systems are embarrassingly bad for an IT company and they are penny wise and pound foolish.

Advice to Management

Try living for a month on what you pay your supervisors, let alone your front line workers.