Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

HP has been a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

HP has outstanding talent, some of the best engineers I have ever worked with. The culture, although not as great as in its glory years, is still among the best there is. HP really supports work-life balance and strives to be supportive of its employees. I've been able to work on many different technologies. HP has allowed me to grow and learn and that is one of its greatest strengths.

Cons

HP is becoming more and more average as time goes on. Doesn't pay as well as it should anymore. Not enough focus on high quality products as in the past. In the last 10 years there has been too much emphasis on purchasing companies rather than developing internally.

Invest in home-grown R&D rather than attempting to buy companies to provide technology.

9937 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

A great company, though struggling a bit with weak economy and competitive situation

Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, broad technology product coverage, broad market coverage, really cares about customers. Great culture with a long tradition of being a good corporate citizen. Lots of technology innovation, as well as strong integration.

Cons

Too much senior leadership change (CEO level as well as SVP/EVP) as well as questionable acquisitions.

Unorganized, inconsistent, too many unqualified cooks in the kitchen

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Looks good on a resume. I have been offered a better job and better pay with another company because of my experience here, so I am thankful for that. I have already put my two weeks notice in.

Cons

At my particular location, the pay is not that great and there is not a lot of opportunity for growth, even though I have been promoted 4 times is 2.5 years. Career path at HP seems to consist of a lot of "lateral moves" where your responsibilities increase ten fold, but your pay does not.

Communicate a clear vision to your employees and stick to it. Reward people based on performance and not favoritism.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard