Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

HP has been a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

HP has outstanding talent, some of the best engineers I have ever worked with. The culture, although not as great as in its glory years, is still among the best there is. HP really supports work-life balance and strives to be supportive of its employees. I've been able to work on many different technologies. HP has allowed me to grow and learn and that is one of its greatest strengths.

Cons

HP is becoming more and more average as time goes on. Doesn't pay as well as it should anymore. Not enough focus on high quality products as in the past. In the last 10 years there has been too much emphasis on purchasing companies rather than developing internally.

Invest in home-grown R&D rather than attempting to buy companies to provide technology.

9491 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Great place to hone your skills

Current Employee - Service Segment Manager II in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Service Segment Manager II in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If achieving anything is your goal - then HP is the place. You have unlimited resources at your disposal to create the person or professional you always wanted to be, be it, IT, Support, HR, etc.

Cons

Right now, we have to worry about job cuts. But this is the corporate world and not just an HP centric issue.

Hire non degreed professionals in key roles and say yourself a lot of money and not sacrifice performance!

Incredibly fulfilling job in an overwhelmingly stressful environment.

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Technical knowledge and training were valuable. Fellow employees were a great group of folks. Customers were awesome, most of the time. Supervisor was one of the best I have ever had.

Cons

Company lost it's taking care of employees attitude. Changed from a customer and employee driven company to a company just worried about the almighty dollar.

Bring back the attitude of the founders, and this company will be a force that will outlast the competition. Value your customers and your employees. Most of all, make sure you only sell a quality product that will outshine your customers for years to come.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard