Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Good people, focused on cost cutting and enterprise

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Sharp people, generally high integrity. Superb at distribution channel marketing and sales. Market leader in most segments played with high quality products and services/. Financially very disciplined.

Cons

Limited opportunities on consumer side as focus shifts to enterprise. Company focused on cost cutting. Big company with big company org challenges. Businesses dependent on IT/Engineering resources face challenges getting necessary committments. Some risks on corporate portfolio bets.

Balance outside recruiting on senior positions with internal promotion. Tendency to undervalue inhouse leadership. 50% fail rate on outside hires at senior levels. Refocus on market and competition, less on internal empires.

9447 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

HP is a great company, but don't focus on the past, but embrace the values of the past and drive towards new futures.

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Corvallis, OR
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Corvallis, OR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

I have been with HP for over 15 years and every job function and team that I have had has been extremely enjoyable and rewarding. The first two levels of management are very supportive of your development and risk taking to enhance products and processes to help make HP successful.

Cons

Current US economic conditions are putting a lot of stress on our budgets and we are going through record layoffs. It is very difficult to see our CEO and executive council take such huge bonuses/awards in excess of $20M -$40M when we see our peers losing their jobs to make the bottom line look good.

We need our top leaders to sacrifice like our founding fathers (Bill & Dave) would have to save jobs and position the company for speedy recovery once the market rebounds. Stop bleeding the company of our GREATEST assets, our experienced and knowledgeable employees. I know this sounds idologic, but we are loosing too much talent too fast.

I understand that it is tough to run a company.

Current Employee - PSS Lifecycle Marketing Professional in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - PSS Lifecycle Marketing Professional in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

The work life balance and ability to telecommute are awesome. You can work whenever you need to and can work from home when necessary. This allows for one to be efficient and manage their time.

Cons

The pay is low. You are expected to work hard with little compensation. No increases for promotions, no annual increases. I recently received a promotion and received no pay increase and was expected to maintain my old work load.

People are truly beginning to feel unvalued and poorly compensated. The morale is at an all time low.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard