Hewlett-Packard
3.0 of 5 7,564 reviews
www.hp.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Long time employee - company run by clueless executives who have no idea how to set strategy and implement

Strategy and Planning Manager (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHome office, but this perk is a mixed blessing. HP now has home office employees paying for their own Internet, phone service, printer ink (and we make the #*@!). What a cheapskate company.

ConsI've been with the company for over 15 years...10 years too long. Have had 4 different jobs, and managers,in less than 4 years. There is constant emphasis on being 'innovative, creative, change processes, etc' but when a new approach is suggested the answer is that the team/dept/org metrics will be negatively affected, therefore, new approaches/change in process can't be accomodated. I've also never seen an org that LOVES producing pounds of PowerPoints. If there was a market for PP production, HP would be near the top. Too many manhours are spent generating pretty PP slides and then more hours spent changing them when an exec decides he/she doesn't like the info in the slides.
CEO-Meg seems to be having a fun time and is always so perky on employee webinars. Guess when you're making $$$ and asking your employees to not have a pay increase, you can afford to be perky.
The Voice of the Workforce (internal, employee survey) is a joke. The results, year after year, are almost the same responses but very little is ever changed. Should stop the survey as any survey that doesn't affect change is meaningless.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet a direction, simplify business planning, plan of action creation/tracking. Stop the PP insanity. Encourage PP pres of 15 slides or less - if a message can't be created in this number of PP slides then the person needs to go back to their office and learn to be sycinct.

Great people, but too hard to get promotions and raises. They underpay

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: You can learn a lot from great people Cons: HP way doesn't exist anymore Advice to Senior Management: Try to innovate more and buy less companies No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Sales Director

Sales Director (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great technology and name recognition make it an easy place to work.… Cons: Leadership turmoil has destroyed reputation. Many customers are skeptical about future and internal investment has… Advice to Senior Management: Refocus on core business, invest in profitable centers and retain… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman. All reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees.