Hewlett-Packard

Not Bad

Current Employee - Svc Info Developer  in  Saint Pete, FL
Current Employee - Svc Info Developer in Saint Pete, FL

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are great, open door policy is nice.

Cons

Underpaid compared to other companies, benefits are not fantastic.

You should care about your employees more, and provide small perks. I have to admit that working at HP for almost 10 years and I would never buy an HP computer. Also, there is no incentive to buy an HP product when going to stores like walmart offer better prices than the company discount.

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Great marketing and advertising, average products, reasonable pricing, focus is on cost cutting.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big Company, there should be lots of opportunity

Cons

So focused on profit, they cut so much cost out of the business, that it is difficult to support the customer. Poor customer service.

Focus on really making the customer happy, the profit and revenue will come. Stop laying off employees that can support and create value for the clients.

Top Heavy Corporation

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working in the healthcare applications section results in good job security. We always having openings at every level. If you are good at your job there are opportunities to move around and experience different accounts.

Cons

There are too many levels of management. The corporate hierarchy and processes make it difficult to be a manager. Even if the customer wants to account to hire (and will pay for) new staff, corporate won't approve it for at least two months. The hiring and evaluation process is out of the hands of the managers who actually direct the day-to-day work of all employees. If a person gets a promotion the company does not give the person the additional money. If a person leaves HP and comes back 6-12 months later, they will be paid at least %15 more than when they left. Lately, we have had so many issues with corporate technology it is almost embarassing to work for HP. I am applying for other opportunites both within HP and outside of the company. I have been contacted for interviews with two other companies within two weeks and still haven't heard from HP. Even a former EDS VP has recently resigned because of how HP treats employees.

Listen to the VOW survey. Stop putting up roadblocks to the accounts that are trying to represent the company well. Even though management is trying to reduce costs look at some of the open positions and find someway to quickly evaluate which ones need to be approved right away and which ones can wait. Why do these approvals need to go up to the VP level to get approved? Don't VPs have better things to do? HP will continue to lose accounts since at the account level, even though we have a great work ethic, the new coorporate policys and procedures make it very difficult for the staff to do a good job.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!