Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Good overall

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not had tons of turnover in my immediate leadership. Have given me a lot of latitude in how i do my job.

Cons

Corporate leadership is disconnected from employees. Solution to every problem is headcount reduction.

9937 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

I loved my job and wished I could have become a permanent employee there.

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

1. Flexible Schedule
    2. Everyone is willing to work with in well as a team.
    3. If a new employee came in to the dept, other employees were more than willing to help you out in anyway to help make your job easier and be able to perform it well.
    4.Willing to train their employees in other areas.
    5. You are not bothered by someone standing over your shoulder, you know what to do and are able to get it done without any interruptions.

Cons

1. They tend to outsource depts overseas.
    2. Very hard to become a permanent employee.

As a contractor, I wished some of the direct managers would really consider hiring those on a permanent basis and if that dept cannot due to budget or other departmental reasons, then try to place you elsewhere in the company, especially if you have the knowledge and skills such as working for IBM as I did back when HP use to be Compaq, I was a liaison on the hard-drive side, therefore having to go onsite and perform failure analysis on hard-drives, I became very familiar and had a working knowledge with Compaq and their system of performance and expectations. I enjoyed working with Compaq and working for HP as a contractor and hoped to be able to continue working for HP as a dedicated employee. I strongly believe in the Company and what they stand for.

Strong collaboration but a company that has some challenges

Current Employee - Director in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong collaborative culture still filled with many people who care deeply about the company. Ability to take roles in muliple functions. Although HP has had its losses of personnel, there is still a strong set of managers and IC with the ability to lead and drive success.

Cons

A longer team strategic vision was missing from HP for many years which has left us with many short-term challenges. I would like to see a more robust, consistent development of managers and director talent.

Let your people lead and focus on the 3 year to 5 year time horizon for strategy

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard