Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Dead Company, Brain Dead Management

Former Employee - Engineering Director in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Engineering Director in Plano, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Can't think of a thing. HP acquired my employer, so I didn't choose to work for this broke di** company.

Cons

Aside from the globally known fact that HP has been without a good CEO since the 90's, the list runs for paragraphs.

I'll condense it to this: Out of the companies I have worked for, or even been close to as a partner, or a vendor to, HP is absolutely the worst. We will look back at HP's end, prior to 2020, and wonder how it stayed in business while it self destructed.

Ray Lane - step down, let investors bring a decent Chairman in. Meg Whitman - face it, you blew it big at eBay and they survived despite you. You don't have what it takes to save HP, so follow Lane into the same sunset and give HP a very tiny chance at surviving.

9034 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Too big with not enough consistency in senior leadership or accuracy in financial accounting.

Former Employee - Director, Software QA and Testing (4th Level Vice President Management) in Roseville, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great access to deeply skilled software development resources. Some of the best people in the business.

Cons

Not enough consistency in vision coming from senior management. Any vision that does get set consistently never gets communicated accurately to the people in the trenches who must perform the implementation due to the # of leadership levels in such a large organization. I was in Enterprise Services, which has great potential and great sales, but due to inconsistency in leadership across the company, and poor communication, the entire division is completely dysfunctional. Furthermore, the organization’s vision within Enterprise Services has changed so many times since HP purchased EDS that the internal accounting systems have not - and cannot - keep up with the personnel and organizational changes that have occurred, and thus no middle manager or senior leadership can ever get an accurate account of the financials (P&Ls) for the organizations they are responsible. There is virtually no accuracy in the financial accounting systems anymore, and everyone in the company is making decisions based on completely inaccurate or absent financial data.

Pick a business strategy, and stick with it for the long run. Minimize senior leadership changes. Declare war in the accuracy of the financial and accounting systems. Improve communication accuracy up and down every connection in the leadership chain.

Good work environment, need more opportunities

Current Employee - Program Manager in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Great people.

Cons

Company is not growing so opportunities are limited

solidify core strategy and execute

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard