Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Really nice people and great work life balance

Current Employee - Product Marketing in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Product Marketing in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is super nice! They are really focused on mental and physical well being, there is a gym and a health center (clinic) on site. There are some really amazing free photo printing (think poster size) services. There are great opportunities for people who want to work from home and have flexible hours.

Cons

Older age group, the office tends to be empty with many people working from home.

Keep the young people coming in.

9694 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

I experience at HP was that the company did not care for or provide for their employees at all

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I became an HP employee after they purchased EDS, the company I had been with for 24.5 years. The only pro is that I had the same boss and was able to continue to work from home when needed.

Cons

HP Cons.... as soon as I became an HP employee they cut my pay. Then a year later they changed my job title and code and cut my pay again. Then they laid off so many people that we had to work much longer hours. Our group went from 54 down to 8 with the same amount of projects coming in. They preached values and pay for performance and ethics and then CEO - who made more than any CEO of any other company - gets fired after having an inappropriate relationship with a vendor and still walks away with something like a $50million package. Un-freak'n-believable.

Stop abusing your employees in the name of the economy

Typical corporate politics, but a great company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great products, services, and corporate history. Very diverse and lots of flexibility to change jobs to prevent getting bored. Work-from-Home and Flexible working hours are great for work-life-balance.

Cons

Since 2000, corporate layoffs are pretty common which can be intimidating and affect morale

Continue to strive to remove the politics and roadblocks to service delivery.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard