Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Lacking in leadership and integrity

Technical Solutions Representative (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsAbility to learn about a variety of equipment; Depending on the client that is being supported, you have the potential to learn and work with Windows Server and desktop products; Free MSDN account; Free Microsoft and Adobe software for HP internal use.

ConsBad leadership on the Service Desk; Some people have incorrect job codes/salaries for their positions, and management refuses to update either one; Unethical practices regarding modifying statistics to meet SLA requirements; Metrics used to measure performance are irrelevant to some jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what they are worth, and adjust the job codes and salaries of those who aren't making the correct amount for their job responsibilities. There are many agents with incorrect job codes and who are underpaid by at least 25% when compared to fair market salaries for their positions. Veteran agents shouldn't be training new inexperienced employees who are making over 10% more than the experienced veterans. Managers and supervisors need to lead the team rather than having "lead agents" stand in for many of their duties. They also need to stand up for their employees when unfair policies come down the pipeline--this builds trust. The quality of Service Desk employees has degraded over the past few years, and as a result, the atmosphere in the office has as well. The environment is oppressive. The quality mentoring process penalizes agents for inconsequential clerical errors, but leaves important things unchecked such as "Is the problem completely resolved?" or "Did the user have to call back for the same issue?" This results in unfair scores that are indirectly proportional to the level of customer service being provided.

Too big with not enough consistency in senior leadership or accuracy in financial accounting.

Director, Software QA and Testing (4th Level Vice President Management) (Former Employee) Roseville, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great access to deeply skilled software development resources. Some… Cons: Not enough consistency in vision coming from senior management. Any vision that does get set consistently never gets communicated accurately to the… Advice to Senior Management: Pick a business strategy, and stick with it for the long run. Minimize senior leadership changes. Declare war… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good work environment, need more opportunities

Program Manager (Current Employee) Roseville, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great place to work. Great people. Cons: Company is not growing so opportunities are limited Advice to Senior Management: solidify core strategy and execute Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!