Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

HP is a very large company and uses its resourses to help their employees, I was acquired from another company and brought into the company fold. HP was a good company to work for and was treated with respect.

Cons

I'm not sure if HP even knew I wass even an employee, we were acquired by HP but I never in 11 years felt like I was part of the company. Small to even no raises throughout those years, we even received a negative raise a few years ago. If you want to work for a large company to get experience this company is for you, but I want to warn you, this company has grown too large.

When a company gets too big, which is why I no longer work there, maybe you should bring the personal back into a company instead of the computer.

9907 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Upper management has totally lost site that the people in the trenchs are the money makers and need to be supported.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People you work with are great. I have built some long lasting relationships.

Cons

Don't expect to get a raise without fighting for it. Any training you take will not be approved unless it relates to your current position.

The stock holders pay your check but the people in the trenches are the ones building the networks, servers and workstations that make the stock go up. So please remember us when you get a big bonus.

Long time employee - company run by clueless executives who have no idea how to set strategy and implement

Current Employee - Strategy and Planning Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Strategy and Planning Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Home office, but this perk is a mixed blessing. HP now has home office employees paying for their own Internet, phone service, printer ink (and we make the #*@!). What a cheapskate company.

Cons

I've been with the company for over 15 years...10 years too long. Have had 4 different jobs, and managers,in less than 4 years. There is constant emphasis on being 'innovative, creative, change processes, etc' but when a new approach is suggested the answer is that the team/dept/org metrics will be negatively affected, therefore, new approaches/change in process can't be accomodated. I've also never seen an org that LOVES producing pounds of PowerPoints. If there was a market for PP production, HP would be near the top. Too many manhours are spent generating pretty PP slides and then more hours spent changing them when an exec decides he/she doesn't like the info in the slides.
    CEO-Meg seems to be having a fun time and is always so perky on employee webinars. Guess when you're making $$$ and asking your employees to not have a pay increase, you can afford to be perky.
    The Voice of the Workforce (internal, employee survey) is a joke. The results, year after year, are almost the same responses but very little is ever changed. Should stop the survey as any survey that doesn't affect change is meaningless.

Set a direction, simplify business planning, plan of action creation/tracking. Stop the PP insanity. Encourage PP pres of 15 slides or less - if a message can't be created in this number of PP slides then the person needs to go back to their office and learn to be sycinct.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard