Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Project Manager

Project Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsHP is a very large company and uses its resourses to help their employees, I was acquired from another company and brought into the company fold. HP was a good company to work for and was treated with respect.

ConsI'm not sure if HP even knew I wass even an employee, we were acquired by HP but I never in 11 years felt like I was part of the company. Small to even no raises throughout those years, we even received a negative raise a few years ago. If you want to work for a large company to get experience this company is for you, but I want to warn you, this company has grown too large.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen a company gets too big, which is why I no longer work there, maybe you should bring the personal back into a company instead of the computer.

Long time employee - company run by clueless executives who have no idea how to set strategy and implement

Strategy and Planning Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Home office, but this perk is a mixed blessing. HP now has home office employees paying… Cons: I've been with the company for over 15 years...10 years too long. Have had 4 different jobs, and managers,in less than 4 years. … Advice to Senior Management: Set a direction, simplify business planning, plan of action creation/tracking. Stop the PP insanity. Encourage PP pres of 15 slides or less - if a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Upper management has totally lost site that the people in the trenchs are the money makers and need to be supported.

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: People you work with are great. I have built… Cons: Don't expect to get a raise without fighting for it. Any training… Advice to Senior Management: The stock holders pay your check but the people in the trenches are the ones building the networks, servers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!