Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

HP Review

Current Employee - Program Manager in Boise, ID
Current Employee - Program Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

HP has flexible work hours and is willing to accommodate many different schedules.

Cons

Senior management is struggling. It is going to take a long time to rebound, and they don't have the management team in place.

Listen

9141 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

it's a mixed bag

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time

Pros

many different types of resource skills to leverage.

Cons

Very slow moving and heavily burdened by process. Also, HP is having financial/business problems and seems to be in a perpetual cycle of restructuring and layoffs which can be pretty stressful. Additionally, HP keeps changing the CEO and vision for the company (3 CEOs plus an interim one in 2 years time - from 2010 - 2012).

Loosen up on all the internal red-tape. Pick a strategic direction for the company and stick with it for at least a year. Encourage the promotion of individual, creative thinkers instead of just conformists.

Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

HP is a very large company and uses its resourses to help their employees, I was acquired from another company and brought into the company fold. HP was a good company to work for and was treated with respect.

Cons

I'm not sure if HP even knew I wass even an employee, we were acquired by HP but I never in 11 years felt like I was part of the company. Small to even no raises throughout those years, we even received a negative raise a few years ago. If you want to work for a large company to get experience this company is for you, but I want to warn you, this company has grown too large.

When a company gets too big, which is why I no longer work there, maybe you should bring the personal back into a company instead of the computer.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard