Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Things have changed, some for the better, some for the worse

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

I've worked with some of the smartest, hardest working and most ethical people I've ever met.

Cons

HP has moved from "Pay among the leaders" to "Provide the minimum"

Look us in the eye and tell us the truth about your long term globalization plans

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

HP - Eh.

Current Employee - ITO Consultant III  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - ITO Consultant III in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Benefits are decent and it's easy to rise above the pack. There are so many legacy Digital and Compaq employees just waiting out retirement that it's quite easy to do an average job and look like a rock star. The company is huge and looks good on a resume. So far, there have been raises every year although they border on insulting in the amount and only granted to the truly top tier performers. Bonuses in IT have been there but again, only given to the rock stars in each division. It's an ok place to work while you wait for a better job.

Cons

Total lack of management focus, concern or thought towards employees. Total lack of direction from management. No career guidance is given even when asked for. Training is nonexistant even when required by contract with the customer. Removal of premium pay programs has been very painful for employees with no recompense. Never before at a company have I felt more like a number and less like an individual than at HP. There is NO recognition for going above and beyond except the expectation that it is now expected of you as business as usual. Not a great place to work. Eh.

Worry a bit more about the human factor, make this a place that people want to work and you will get the most out of your employees.

Best days are over for employees...

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Industry leader that is well respected. It is a paycheck. Decent benefits, but no longer outstanding. 11 paid holidays per year in the US. Good paid time off. Take advantage of stock and 401k plans.

Cons

They are no worse than any other company, but it used to be a much better place to work compared to other companies, but not anymore. No pension plan, fewer US jobs, US layoffs, Poor severance. In striving for profits, they are sacrificing the employees. "The HP Way" which was admired and lauded in previous times has fallen by the wayside. Bill & Dave would not recognize their company.

Think more about the employees. Dissatisfied employees can hurt you more than satisfied employees can help you.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!