Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Things have changed, some for the better, some for the worse

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

I've worked with some of the smartest, hardest working and most ethical people I've ever met.

Cons

HP has moved from "Pay among the leaders" to "Provide the minimum"

Look us in the eye and tell us the truth about your long term globalization plans

9315 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Challenges ahead

Current Employee - Account Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

HP is an equal opportunity employer. Values Diversity

Cons

Large company is slower to respond to market changes, a challenge to compete effectively.
    Slower to make decisions.

Improve middle management training on people management not just achieve the goals at any cost

HP finally benchmarked it's way to be like every other large, cold, heartless corporation.

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Corvallis, OR
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Corvallis, OR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

You get to work with a lot of really great, smart people and build exceptional social networks. By far my HP co-workers are the best folks I've every had the privilege to work with. I also currently have the best boss I've ever had. He is willing to go to bat for all of us, always tells us the truth and we know he has our backs at all times.

Cons

HP is now the typical big company. It's all about cutting costs and making enormous amounts of money. The company at the higher levels doesn't care at all about employees and only does what they have to, to maintain their reputation in the industry. If they could replace us all with trained monkeys they'd do it in a heartbeat. Especially if those monkeys didn't live in the US.

Don't be so darn greedy. Employees are actual people and without them, you've got nothing to sell and no customers. At some point you have to say - yeah, we're making enough money, let's work on delivering something new and exciting to the world! It constantly amazes me at how, after each quarterly earnings report where we've set new records for revenue, we get told how it's not enough and we need to make more cuts. How stupid do they think we are that we'd actually agree with that assessment?

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard