Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Build your skills and resume at Hewlett Packard.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

HP truly has the most vibrant, global employee community with such loyalty and integrity than any I have ever seen; most of the leadership team recognize and reward this. With the right leadership, HP invests in R&D and develops the right products to lead in a very competitive marketplace. This opens up opportunities for career growth within HP too.

Cons

A lot of executive turnover has made HP a challenging environement to work with constantly changing strategies. This can give you an opportunity to strengthen your own ability to be resilient and flexible.

9694 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Excellent company

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed a 26 year career at HP where I've been able to work in multiple industries and grow my career from a technical software programmer through technical support to marketing and business development. HP has supported my career growth by providing not only educational support and training, but opportunities to work in new career areas, with emerging technologies and with excellent mentors. The people are some of the brightest, hardest working people you could have the privilege of working with. I have been fortunate to learn and grow from some of the best people in the world.

Cons

HP has been struggling of late to lay a solid strategy and a consistent set of priorities so that resources are focused and aligned toward a clear set of goals.

Lay the strategy and develop a consistent set of priorities; align your resources so they can focus and empower and enable your employees to execute (that includes management support, budget, resources).

great people. pathetic upper management

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Corvallis, OR
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Corvallis, OR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

worker bees are smart, dedicated, and generally watch out for each other.

Cons

draconian forced ranking. people fired, often for trumped up bogus reasons

stop sqeezing the workers for health care benefit bucks and then squandering it on pathetic acquisitions.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard