Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

HP has bee a great place to work overall.

Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a very large company so there are a great many places to go in just about any field you would like to explore. they seem to be about on par with most big companies

Cons

It's a very large company and you can get lost and feel like a cog in a machine. there is a lot of bureaucracy to navigate and just figuring out the process on the intranet to do something is a job in and of it's self. My manager at least is non existent as far as I'm concerned and I've never met him. That can be a good and bad thing.

try to show you care or even know we are alive at least once in a while.

9491 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Build your skills and resume at Hewlett Packard.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

HP truly has the most vibrant, global employee community with such loyalty and integrity than any I have ever seen; most of the leadership team recognize and reward this. With the right leadership, HP invests in R&D and develops the right products to lead in a very competitive marketplace. This opens up opportunities for career growth within HP too.

Cons

A lot of executive turnover has made HP a challenging environement to work with constantly changing strategies. This can give you an opportunity to strengthen your own ability to be resilient and flexible.

Excellent company

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed a 26 year career at HP where I've been able to work in multiple industries and grow my career from a technical software programmer through technical support to marketing and business development. HP has supported my career growth by providing not only educational support and training, but opportunities to work in new career areas, with emerging technologies and with excellent mentors. The people are some of the brightest, hardest working people you could have the privilege of working with. I have been fortunate to learn and grow from some of the best people in the world.

Cons

HP has been struggling of late to lay a solid strategy and a consistent set of priorities so that resources are focused and aligned toward a clear set of goals.

Lay the strategy and develop a consistent set of priorities; align your resources so they can focus and empower and enable your employees to execute (that includes management support, budget, resources).

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard