Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Great place to work

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people offerings and legacy. The company offers a wide range of technology solutions. The company also has a distinct market cache as the original "Garage" start-up.

Cons

The company is unstable at the moment but Meg Whitman is committed to improving the performance and perception of the company.

eliminate duplication

8760 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Build your skills and resume at Hewlett Packard.

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

HP truly has the most vibrant, global employee community with such loyalty and integrity than any I have ever seen; most of the leadership team recognize and reward this. With the right leadership, HP invests in R&D and develops the right products to lead in a very competitive marketplace. This opens up opportunities for career growth within HP too.

Cons

A lot of executive turnover has made HP a challenging environement to work with constantly changing strategies. This can give you an opportunity to strengthen your own ability to be resilient and flexible.

Excellent company

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have enjoyed a 26 year career at HP where I've been able to work in multiple industries and grow my career from a technical software programmer through technical support to marketing and business development. HP has supported my career growth by providing not only educational support and training, but opportunities to work in new career areas, with emerging technologies and with excellent mentors. The people are some of the brightest, hardest working people you could have the privilege of working with. I have been fortunate to learn and grow from some of the best people in the world.

Cons

HP has been struggling of late to lay a solid strategy and a consistent set of priorities so that resources are focused and aligned toward a clear set of goals.

Lay the strategy and develop a consistent set of priorities; align your resources so they can focus and empower and enable your employees to execute (that includes management support, budget, resources).

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!