Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

A company needing stability in leadership

Project Manager (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsFlexible location/ work hours- most job positions are given the option of working remotely as long as the job is getting done. In a company of this size, opportunities for advancement or career changes come up more often.

ConsPrevious leadership regimes cut research and development to the bone and tried to "buy" technology through acquisitions rather than by developing organically. As a result HP is behind the tech curve and now struggling to re-invent itself. Morale is improving but still quite low.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a growth strategy and stick to it. Avoid further acquisitions until all the recent buys have been fully assimilated and stabilized.

After working there for 25 years all of a sudden I get a bad review

Operational Account Manager Advisor II (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Used to be a good company with good benefits but… Cons: It became very competitive. They only wanted to keep the best employees which created an environment of hostility and back stabbing. And every year they… Advice to Senior Management: All I can say is good luck in retaining top notch employees in an environment that is cut throat and where you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

relaxed environment, a lot of politics

Systems Software Engineer V (Former Employee) Nashua, NH

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: big corporate atmosphere. flexiable working schedule and hours. learning opportunities Cons: there was a lot of politics Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!